Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
Emmy Nominated Actors Teach You How to Make it in Hollywood | Vanity Fair
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSckE656BdQ&frags=pl%2Cwn](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSckE656BdQ&frags=pl%2Cwn)
19,649 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSckE656BdQ&frags=pl%2Cwn](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSckE656BdQ&frags=pl%2Cwn)
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
I'm thinking of United Talent or William Morris. I am not at all in a place to sign up with them. I want to know how the procedure works. A friend of a friend if a friend signed up with CAA. Her resume wasn't huge. She had a few principal or supporting role each year since 2017. Maybe 10 credits total. She is not Ameri…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
Let everyone know what you're working on right now. Post links to webseries, plays, clips, anything you want. Promote your own work and see what everyone else is doing. Even if you just had a great audition, let us know about it.
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
I was wondering how actors trained for spontaneous reactions (laughing, crying, etc.), without making it appear forced. Or is it a quality some people have a better knack for than others?
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
For a website, where do actors usually go to do that? I don't know a whole lot about starting a website. I think I would definitely use "myname".com but do actors usually use go-daddy? And what are the approximate costs for starting one and maintaining it? I think I also have heard of Weebly? Let me know guys! Thanks
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
Acting class is a little microcosm of the real world of acting. There are lots of people there who say they want to be actors. They sign up, pay the fee and show up for class. They all have these things in common. But this is where the similarities end. From then on the teacher will begin to see the students in differe…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
I had an audition at 1pm, the guy rolls in at 1:30. I was gone already, becuase professionals don’t do shit like that. He sends me a deuchey text message. Seriously? I didn’t even respond. I’m so tired of this crap. How am I ever supposed to progress in this “industry” if this is how people behave? I refuse to audition…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2018
I’m a filmmaker in pre-production for my first picture, not an actor, but obviously acting is somewhat integral to what I’m doing. In the context of my work, I do not like the more naturalistic Stanislavski influenced style, what I’m going for is the more representational acting that we see in old Hollywood, for instan…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2018
I've read a lot of books on learning that say the way to get good at something is to use deliberate practice. My question is how do you apply this to a more objective skill like acting?
Reddit · 19 Aug 2018
I have an idea about the "types" I can play/ want to highlight for my reel, but I want a complete stranger's opinion based on first look. I've heard SAG organizes some sessions where you can just stand quietly in front of other actors and they'll write down what type they see in you, so I thought I'd try it here. Thank…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2018
[https://www.real.video/5809064740001](https://www.real.video/5809064740001) I went to the Crisis Actors website to join the cast in 2013 and my application was accepted. After posting a few comments exposing the hoax I was suddenly banned. This video includes a telling scene where Robbie Parker is seen smiling and gri…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2018
Hey guys! So last month I got an email that said I had been recommended for a role in a short film. I was really excited and I read the script and it was kinda weird but would be good for my reel. The footage is unlike anything else I have so I accepted the role without pay, which I haven't had go do in years. Apparent…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2018
I was about 4 or 5. I would see my great uncle quite a lot and I remember he'd always turn on Shirley Temple movies for me. I loved them and would always sing along to the songs. I had curly hair like she did and one day, my uncle jokingly said, "You could be the new Shirley Temple!" This is the very first time I thoug…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2018
I know this is a question sure to ignite feelings before I ask it. As a classical musician, of course I think that the thing I do is like one of the hardest, most grueling things you can do, that's self-interest, and being truly objective and unbiased is a big ask. But, perhaps the answers from stage actors will balanc…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2018
Who are some examples of Movie Actors who never change their accent for a role? Does this make them a bad actor?? First to come in mind is (I might be mistaken)- Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Harrison Ford?
Reddit · 17 Aug 2018
Hey guys! Going back into my second year of graduate school on Saturday. Soon afterwards we'll have auditions for the Fall productions, which are Night of the Iguana and Cabaret. I'm a soprano with a good voice and a character actor. Roles I've played include The Mother in Machinal, M. Papillion in Rhinocerous and The…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2018
Looking to hire actors for a web series filming in NYC. Can anyone suggest any free places to post??
Reddit · 17 Aug 2018
This is from All my Sons by Arthur Miller. I've done some TV/Film but I'm mostly a stage actor, just hoping to get some feedback! https://reddit.com/link/986jps/video/1h3rkkv0aqg11/player
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
So, I'm going to be a little light on details because otherwise it would be incredibly easy to find me, but I got the part as a minor role (speaking wise, stage time is pretty good) in a musical. I was, and am super pumped as this is literally a life long dream come true. I get along pretty well with most of the cast,…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
I currently work at Amazon Warehouse (NY/NJ area) doing a 6:30pm —5am shift. I’m accustomed to it now, but the overall job I’m getting tired of, even if I’m making $15 with benefits and retirement options (and more importantly, it allows me to audition when I have one during the day). I’m looking for more options to ea…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
I'm a newbie and I read some advice in a book by a casting director. They said they appreciated it when an actor greeted them by name at an audition. They also said they were impressed when an actor commented on something they had cast previously as it showed they did their research before coming in. Is this a good thi…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
“He’s like a young Tom Hanks”. “She’s like a funny Jennifer Lopez”. Nobody wants to be squeezed into a stereotype or compared to someone else, but these kinds of exemplifications are used all the time in the business by agents and managers to sell their actors to those who could be interested in hiring them. They want…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
I've done everything right and i just don't get auditions, and i'm super done working for free and sacrificing literally everything to pursue this, being stuck working shitty survival jobs just for flexibility, etc. etc. if any sort of progress was going to happen it would have happened by now. I think i'm ready to get…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2018
Hi, my name is Finn and I'm a 16 year old trans dude. Naturally, being transgender, I look a lot younger than 16. I'm 5'0",I have a decently high voice and I have an over jet bite (dental issues from my moms side :/). I've been thinking a lot about getting into acting and I'm wondering how my gender identity would affe…
Stage 32 · 15 Aug 2018
Hello All: I am a former Chicago Model/Actor who has booked actual roles on "Empire" , "Discovery Channel", "Learning Channel" and then some. In other words, I am no stranger to the idiosyncrasies and vagaries of the business. A few weeks ago, while visiting my daughter in California, I scheduled an interview/auditi…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
Not finding much work through my agent so I'm curious where everyone else is getting theirs! Facebook groups, NowCasting, Backstage, Actors Access, Casting Fronteir, Cast It, Craigslist, word of mouth, Mandy, acting classes? Where have you gotten the most work outside of your agency?? Let's get the ball rolling! Person…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
Like the title says. I need some advice. I've started the process of removing my agent from my relevant casting websites, but their personal agency website is still up with both myself and obviously all of their actors on display. Apparently when you google their name, my headshot appears in the images search, and I've…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
Hello Actors! This is Winnie Hiller. I love this community and I am enjoying being a part of it. The mod here offers so much information that more people should take advantage of. Sidebar, people! Check out all the links! This sub has inspired me to start my own subreddit called r/Actingclass. I would like it to offer…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
Hi Reddit, I'm Jeff Seymour and I've been a working, professional actor for 39 years. Most recently, I've guest starred on shows such as Homeland, The Expanse, Suits and Seal Team. I've won the Canadian Emmy and have been nominated 4 times. I've been the lead in a number of TV series, as well as creating and starring i…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
I'm considering moving out to Austin possibly to pursue an acting career. I lived in Dallas for a few years and went to KD Conservatory there. I'm currently in KC and I've never been to Austin. Just curious as to what living is Austin is like and what the acting scene provides. I'm a big fan of Rooster Teeth so they're…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
I’ve done everything right for years and years and I don’t even get auditions at all. They don’t give me feedback as to what I could be doing to help them out. None of this makes sense and I’m tired of feeling jealous of other people that aren’t even good actors who get auditions all the time. This is just all so fucki…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
I'm from Toronto and I have no idea how to hire an actor for my business ventures, I'd be happy to work with student actors as well as professional actors. Also how much do most actors make hourly?
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
Hi Fellow Performers. I put together a series of short videos with advice for new and experienced actors. [Things you should never do as an actor](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyYqAAKRdVdyOQRrbGzlV496dli9swuXz). Each video in the playlist covers a different topic. I hope there's some helpful advice in there.…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
I'm not going into the "how" of acting and acting career because it has been covered by more qualified people than myself. However I do spend a good amount of time on set and here are a few things that always stand out... 1. Be a pro. Even if your resume is meager, being a professional on set is so appreciated by the c…
Reddit · 15 Aug 2018
You know what I'm talking about. That breakthrough you had that led to more bookings, and more confidence! For me it was that thoughts are the key to a great scene, and that the best choices were already put in the scene by the writer! When I started focusing on having thoughts on every line, i started booking a lot mo…
Reddit · 14 Aug 2018
Long story short: I have the top billed lead role on a feature film that is making its debut at a mid sized festival. The film looks set to make something of a splash at this festival, and is nominated for awards in nearly every category. Most surprisingly, I'm nominated for Best Actor. It's an honor just to be nominat…
Stage 32 · 13 Aug 2018
September 8th will see the return of Actors Pro Expo New York. This FREE event for Actors/Creatives provides a platform for connecting with like-minded people. You can sign up for 121 career mentoring, industry led seminars and the chance to audition for paid feature film roles Lead & Supporting. For more info and to r…
Stage 32 · 13 Aug 2018
Hi all, with background in theater, I am starting as a new actor in film/TV industry. Please visit my profile for head-shots and let me know if you would like to see some of my work. I am an Indian, based in Warsaw, Poland. Thank you.
Reddit · 13 Aug 2018
Hey folks, we're excited to announce a new AMA on Wednesday 8/15 at noon EST with Jeff Seymour. His name has come up here a few times in various discussions about his Real Life Actor approach, so he'll be here with an assistant to answer any questions about that, acting methods in general, and the business at large. If…
Reddit · 13 Aug 2018
Hey there, 21 Male Australian, trying to make it as a voice actor, Short and sweet [Demo Reel](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxdK7GhOiU&feature=youtu.be), if you're interested at all hit me up at: liamcreevey@gmail.com
Reddit · 13 Aug 2018
Other than a few plays as a kid, I never acted much and I'm in my second year of college now and realize I want to do this on the side at least for now. My college does theater plays, but no acting classes. I never clicked with theater much. I feel I'm more internal and can portray something on screen, as opposed to th…
Backstage · 12 Aug 2018
Hi, I know each actor is individual but as a director, I often come across a problem and am interested in the actor’s point of view. Often in scenes I need an actor to give a reaction when there is no one to play against. For example, in a film...
Reddit · 12 Aug 2018
I’m eligible to join SAG. I’m trying to get involved in more films and think having a SAG card would be beneficial but I’m also aware that SAG membership is expensive. Should I join SAG?
Reddit · 12 Aug 2018
Probably a dumb question, but how do people without prior big roles, such as Katherine Langford (being from outside the US), apply for the lead role of a Netflix TV show? Are there many auditions for Netflix shows available to be completed online? Sorry if this has been answered already, just curious. Thanks in advance…
Reddit · 12 Aug 2018
I’m not an actor but I am fascinated with the craft and the world of acting. I'm thinking like a dance routine where the choreography is set before you, and you practice bits and pieces at a time, from beginning to end, or however you practice it, and then you put it all together. Are there acting practicing basics you…
Reddit · 11 Aug 2018
This fascinates me, this idea that there are actors out there who use coffee as part of their life's routine to get them in the mood to practice whatever they are working on, whether it's preparing for an audition, or is on set in their trailer preparing, drinking coffee. I guess what I'm asking is - are actors activel…
Reddit · 11 Aug 2018
(Sorry if this is hard to read, I was nervous and excited when writing this and couldn't really put my thoughts down on "paper") Heyo! WHO I AM: I am a 17 about to be 18 years old guy from Sweden looking to get into acting. I just have a couple of questions about school, classes and acting in general and also about my…
Reddit · 11 Aug 2018
I'm new to Vancouver and also new to pursuing acting as a career. I have experience through school and community theater but I am not sure what my next step should be. I want to get a headshot but I am very overwhelmed with options. Everything seems to cost at least $300 and there are so many companies to sift through.…
Reddit · 11 Aug 2018
I have a request to send "contrasting scenes" to an agent. One scene I chose is the "Maybe I'm not good enough" scene in La La Land (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSYQD1BBx7I), and the other that I'm looking at is the scene from "Good Night, and Good Luck." where George Clooney's character is confronting the two Colo…