Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
Actors who are parents
What do you do with your kids when your required to travel to film something. Do they go with you? If not how do you deal with being apart from them for so long, especially if they are little.
19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
What do you do with your kids when your required to travel to film something. Do they go with you? If not how do you deal with being apart from them for so long, especially if they are little.
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
If I were to say start a small indie animated project, how would I go about casting a team of voices for it? Should I start here? Is there another sub or forum on the internet where I should fish for talent? Is anyone interested in working on a *very* low budget project?? So many questions!
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
My son is getting into acting and we are from Canada, but have been living in Texas for the past 2 years under my husbands L1 work visa. What kind of visa (if any) does my son need? And, do I apply for it or does his acting job apply? Also, does he need a social security number, I assume he does but I’m so lost on all…
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
I am sorry for the stupid question but i'm a foreigner coming from a small market so i don't fully know how the industry in the UK works. Let's say i sign with a top-tier agent from an agency that helps their actors land big studio US roles.. whenever there's a script for one of those roles sent to one agent - does thi…
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
Thanks. I’m having a great day. Really.
Reddit · 10 Jul 2019
(If there is already a post about this please link it!!) I am a junior in high school, trying to figure out what to do for the future. My main dream is to be an actress. I’ve only done school productions before (due to lack of money) but I’ve done very well in them. (14 shows, 11 as main) my “plan” is to go to college…
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
hey r/acting! long time no see. ​ i'm a 16 year old living in australia. if it's important, i'm not white (so diversity points? or something? idek, just thought might as well include it). earlier this year, i switched from my old agency; they're sorta known, because of its links to a well-known kids' performing…
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
I was always an animated kid in front of a camera but never really considered any sort of acting or theater because I had a very old fashioned immigrant family and that was just not a thing. I was always jealous of other kids doing it though. Senior year of high school I finally got the guts to take a theater class and…
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
Edit: I live in Indiana too so it’s difficult to find auditions.
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
Hello fellow actors! I’ve joined in a reality talent search on national tv. I reached this milestone because of the tips and techniques I’ve learned in this subreddit so I would like to thank you guys!I was hoping if you guys could help me by voting for me! :) You can watch my acting videos on youtube because part of t…
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
I have been cautious of signing contracts that states "In perpetuity" or any other variations of that word. Is that a strict requirement for all film contracts (Be it a student film, feature film, commercial etc)? Most importantly, should it be signed? Is there way to bypass it or change it? Can it be beneficial to the…
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
Hey I’m moving to Miami soon and was wondering if there are any good acting studios, classes, or coaches that you guys recommend. I’m a beginner and want to better my craft as an actor. Please let me know. Thanks:)
Reddit · 9 Jul 2019
Hello everyone, ​ Okay so my question is straight forward but I want to know if anyone has had really success and luck with online websites? I have had in the past Back Stage, Actors Access, Casting Network. Not sure if I just wasn't utilizing them correctly but thought I'd ask the publics opinion on it and see…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
Not sure if this is the right sort of thing to discuss here, if not I am sorry. Here's my personal issue: I've never asked friends or even family to see any of my performances before (because of confidence and I didn't want to put them out). But now I have a large role in a performance that I'm really proud of and it's…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
Heyoooo fellow actors! I recently graduated from my conservatory program in NYC and have been living here since. My survival job is rather boring and not in my career path but the people are very nice. I haven't been able to audition bc of my own insecurities, habits, and lack of time management but I have been sending…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
Part of this is a rant, but I'm also genuinely asking for advice: I'm a really bad actor. In college I was cut from a BFA acting program. I didn't fit in, and I think my (at the time) whole-hearted attempts at "honing my craft" were amusing at best and cringy at worst. That was ten years ago. I'm 29 now and have a full…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
I’m currently an actor in Washington state and I was wondering what the process looks like if I wanted to act in Vancouver, BC. I would want to still live in Washington but submit for stuff there too. I visit there a few times a year already with a passport, but my specific question is regarding work visas/permits and…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
I’m a freshman in theatre. How would I go about becoming an actor for commercials/tv/movies.
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
I’m 18 and about to start college next month. I’m majoring in Political Science, not theatre or any of the arts. Acting and performing has always been a huge part of my life, I’ve got several acting awards through my high school drama competitions along with a plethora of public speaking awards with various organizatio…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
I've recently moved to a new city, which has a thriving film and TV industry. I've been contacting agents for the last couple of weeks, introducing myself, sharing my showreel, CV and headshots, and asking for a meeting. Most of them have outright ignored me. Some of them have politely stated their books are closed (I'…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
Hello everyone. I though I would ask here, since I did not found much information by searching on Google. I wanted to become an actress since I was very young, I was attending various “Acting Camps” in my country where I had mostly main roles, but I would like acting to become my profession, because it is my passion. U…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
So I live in Hollywood, and as an actor who has been slowly transitioning to behind the camera work, I've decided to start doing one on one acting coaching as both a way to help others with self-tapes and technique, make some side cash, and improve my directing skills. I've come to be disturbed to find that LOTS of act…
Reddit · 8 Jul 2019
Yo guys. Just wanted to celebrate the fact that I finally have representation! For about a year I've been looking for someone who might pick me up but it's proved difficult without professional film/tv credits. All i've done is student film and a short promo film for an organization, but I eventually harassed enough pe…
Reddit · 7 Jul 2019
I remember reading (not sure if it was here or r/theatre) an interview outline an acting teacher talking on a philosophy that not all actors have a passion for theatre. Some simply have a passion for attention, and for some that passion is strong enough to make a career out of it. As he described, the actor with a pass…
Reddit · 7 Jul 2019
im totally new at this, but ive always wanted to become an actor; although ive never persued it. ive never been interested in auditioning for high school plays or going into drama class simply because im too shy in front of my classmates. id rather start elsewhere, like in local plays instead. i know its strongly sugge…
Reddit · 7 Jul 2019
I just finished watching “What About Dick?” on Netflix. From the *very* Monty Python influenced mind of Eric Idles, you can safely assume this is comedy gold from start to finish. Here’s why it’s relevant to the VA community: It’s a pretty good look behind the curtain of how radio dramas were created right around the t…
Reddit · 7 Jul 2019
I basically had decided to move to the UK (i'm from Europe) given the fact that i almost have enough credits to get a top-tier agent but.. Brexit will happen. As of right now i don't have any time. I could get a mid-tier agent which ISN'T fatal at all, but i have found out that a friend of my mom's is represented by a…
Reddit · 7 Jul 2019
Hello, all. ​ I'm new to acting in general, as I've only begun my journey a few months ago back in March by taking lessons as a voice actor. ​ However, as I've progressed, I've become fascinated and infatuated with the world of acting as a whole, not just with voice acting. I've watched a lot of videos on…
Reddit · 6 Jul 2019
Hey. I'm making my first short film with quite a large budget (for a short) and will soon go into rehearsals with actors, something I've never done. While some have little experience, other actors are actually quite experienced, been co-stars on many known TV shows, etc. We're scheduled for 4 rehearsals, with the last…
Reddit · 6 Jul 2019
Would love for any help the sub may offer. Currently using the Audio Technica AT2020. I do about half of my work from my home studio and would like to do more from home. I'm thinking it's time to step up the mic quality. The AT2020 is a solid mic But it requires too much EQ tweaking to give it some clarity and brightne…
Reddit · 6 Jul 2019
Where is most of the Film and TV industry in London?
Reddit · 6 Jul 2019
I wanted to see if there are any actors with a good amount of experience who would be able to have a conversation with me. I just have so many questions and I need to find out a lot. Not just about the world of acting but if it’s right for me. It’s all just too much to just ask post by post and I would like to really g…
Reddit · 6 Jul 2019
Full disclosure, I don't work in Hollywood at all. But I've got a relative who does and recently she had to cast a minor role in a movie and we ended up looking through the (30ish) audition clips together. And guys... we were rejecting them for the most innocent shit. I think there were only one or two auditions which…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I'm working on a long-term animated project called Kashingkan, and I'm nearing completion of my second episode. In this episode have a male character who is 5 years old and has 4 or 5 lines of dialogue. I tried recording the lines myself and heavily adjusting the pitch so my voice sounds high, but it sounded really unn…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I was going to apply to ML but the reviews have gotten worse. So I'm thinking of applying to TFX (Toronto Film Extras), was wondering if anyone recommends it (or any other agency). Thanks.
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
Hi all. I've been attending Meisner acting classes. The focus of the class is the repetition exercise. First few sessions, all went well. I was following impulses, paying attention to partner, honestly laughing, crying, getting angry, embarrassed etc etc. But then a couple of sessions ago, the teacher seemed to start p…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
My dad and I are huge fans of R.C. Bray and original audibles like Man on the Mountaintop. I would love to one day have my book adapted to an audio version. I'm curious what are good directions to give when doing a cast calling? Or the best way to give directions to a voice actor? TIA!
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I'm Joshua Alexander, been doing voiceover since 1993 and I am very grateful. :-) Many clients have chosen me to tell their story: Nutrisystem. Uber. Zillow. Cadillac. Wrangler. Microsoft. John Deere. 4Ocean. Ecolab. Unicef. Deloitte. Enterprise. Specialties are E-Learning, Instructional Videos, Narration, Movie Traile…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I’m an amateur actress who does acting on the side. I’m by no means talented, but I love it. I’m looking to improve, but I’ve noticed that whenever I take on a role, I find myself deliberately planning tiny details to be convincing versus just immersing myself in the world of the character and letting things happen. Fo…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I’ve just gotten some of my recent footage back from a few lead roles and I’m now working on putting my first real reel (you like that?) together. I would love love to see some of your demo reels. If you have one feel free to post it here and I’d love to check it out.
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
Possibly more film marketing related rather than acting -- but might be a different topic than the usual for a fun Friday thread. (you can downvote if you hate this topic and I won't feel bad) ​ With the recent casting of a black actress for the part of Ariel in Disney's "The Little Mermaid", how are they now go…
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
I was able to identify all of the voice actors from critical role in the spider Man PS4 game soley based on fragments I'm proud of myself
Reddit · 5 Jul 2019
So theres a few roles for student films in my area that have posted auditions for them and I'm wondering whether I might look like an idiot auditioning for it with no general knowledge on the field. I've only been reading about it and how the different techniques and methods work in acting. Right now I'm reading a book…
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
Hello guys. I am terribly confused. Most of us know that extra roles have know value in a film unless it is a speaking role, and even then, if it's not a principal role (5 lines and up), it's not worth much. I am confused as to why an agent would submit you to featured soc bg roles? More confusing is I have seen many a…
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
Hi everyone! I’m a young actor in Australia in his final year of schooling and plan to move over to London at some point (but study here due to lower costs, if I’m able to of course) to pursue acting and get involved in the industry there. I would be able to get a passport and I have some family in and about there as w…
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
So I’m a 15 year old from Ontario, Canada and for a while now I’ve really wanted to pursue acting, and no matter how many old posts I find from this sub I just can’t figure out where I should start. I’m afraid I can’t take drama in high school because for Grade 11 drama I need Grade 9 and/or Grade 10 prerequisites, whi…
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
I’m looking to get a lot more practice in than I do. I’m in a cold reads class once a week. It’s great, but I realized that I’m only acting opposite someone for maybe 15 minutes a week. I practice a lot alone in my garage which is awesome for memorization but not awesome for most other aspects of acting. I’m a new acto…
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
The Ultimate Question. Personally, I cannot pick... I have friends in both areas and both are unique and fun in their own ways. Although partying with theatre kids will always have a little more sophistication and elegance. Sorry film friends...
Reddit · 4 Jul 2019
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…