Acting forums, all in one place

19,654 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

Wife is kissing another man tonight

I’ve been a supportive husband to my wife and her acting career, small theater etc. for 10 years now. When we met I told her I’d have a hard time with her kissing an actor on stage. She said she usually doesn’t have roles like that because most of her roles are comedy. She said she’d talk to me about it if she ever had…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

Looking for an LA classroom to film at

Hey all you very talented actors! I’m looking for a classroom to film at in Los Angeles area, and I would really appreciate if either you know a school that would let me shoot there for about 2-3 hours or if you know any good websites to RENT one. I would appreciate ALL help I can get, thank you so much everybody!!! Se…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

How can I see what I’ve submitted to on Casting Networks?

I’ve submitted to a bunch of stuff, but I’d like to see what I have and haven’t submitted to so I don’t do something stupid like double submit. I don’t want to give a CD any more work to do or give myself a bad rep by doing it. Is there a part of the site like Actors Access that shows my submission history?

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

How do agents work? (Asking for informantion not an actor)

I'm a writer working on a series of novels whose main charcter was conceived as a talent agent/con artist The first two books were him in high school/college so the talent agent thing has just been in the background. His father is an agent at a large fictional agency, top one in the country, Now in book 3 he's getting…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

Opinions on Different​ Techniques

I've taken a variety of different acting classes, but have never studied a well known technique (Meisner, Adler, etc.) I've heard a lot of negative things from actors who have studied those techniques. They say the techniques aren't applicable to 99% of what an actor does. Are there any actors who have either worked on…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

Booked my first Netflix movie and first national commercial on the same day!

Hey Reddit community, I'm an actor working outside of LA in Austin, TX. I chose to join the union because I believe in the cause! Just excited to let you know after countless auditions, callbacks I finally booked two jobs on the same day! I'm thrilled and am in the fight with you. Keep hustling fellow actors, it pays o…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Jul 2019

Worried about my ethnicity in Hollywood...

Hi Everyone, So I've been taking lessons and auditioning in my local area whilst saving up to move to LA. However, I am worried my ethnicity will make me uncastable in Hollywood. I am Middle Eastern but look ethnically ambiguous, people don't ever accurately guess where I'm from. I've gotten mixed race, half white, Lat…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Student films

Where are places to find student films that I can audition for? I tried some sites like actors access and back stage, but I couldn’t really find any near me. Would I be able to contact universities directly, or does it have to be through sites where auditions are posted?

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Post Show Malaise

I just finished a run of Hamlet as Gertrude and am feeling the sadness of ending a show hardcore. This show was really special. It was one of those shows where I really connected with my cast mates and we created something really great. What sticks out for me is the closet scene with Hamlet and my brief interaction wit…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

NOT ACTING RELATED BUT HELP NEEDED

Alright so basically last school year i joined the student council and its full of popular kids who I don’t know and i get really anxious and currently nervous cause we have our first meeting tomorrow .I joined in the first place to be more social and interactive to be an actor but im still really nervous ,any tips??

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Is acting in London as bad as Tokyo?

Hello guys, thanks for clicking! I'm currently working as a foreign (i'm a white guy) actor/model in Tokyo. I am obviously in a strange position here but as i haven't had much experience before I left the UK I am curious what its like working back home. I'm just going to touch this tip of the iceberg with this but basi…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Any non-union voice actors from Toronto on this sub?

This is a burner account because... Reddit haha. I work for an agency and am looking to possibly expand our non-union roster. Diversity, in any capacity, would be an asset. Whether that be POC, LGBTQ+ or someone able to speak other languages. Québécois French would be a big plus but frankly any other language is an ass…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

How do I become a better actor when I have low empathy?

Apologies in advance for the long read! It’s very hard for me to connect with the emotions of my character. It’s odd because I can typically understand where they’re coming from - both on the surface and sub-textual level - but that connection just isn’t there. It doesn’t matter if I’ve been through the exact same thin…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Seeking help for my husband! Any advice?

Hi all! So, my husband is a wonderful guy who basically dedicates his whole life to trying to make other people laugh. 80% of the time he does this using very impressive mimicry. He can almost FLAWLESSLY mimic a lot of Seth McFarlane characters; specifically Roger from American Dad, Peter, Stewie, and Brian from family…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

any gay working actors in LA on here?

i'd really like to ask you some questions, privately, as to how you navigate this. whether or not you are openly out to people you work with, potential managers, potential friends in classes, etc. or if you just don't address it at all. also, privacy concerns with meeting other guys, hate to say it but grindr, etc. it'…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Help! Choosing a country... (EU markets)

I’m in my early 20s and I live in a very small Eastern European country. The entertainment industry in here is basically nonexistent. I managed to build my resume as much as possible given the country’s situation (3 guest star appearances on the only TV show that’s airing right now, a lead in a couple of student films,…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Just got dropped by my agent, could use some love tonight.

I know in the long run it'll be for the best, they were hardly getting me out and there wasn't much room for career growth with them. That being said, this feels like such a huge setback right now, and it is really taking a toll on me. Could use some words of encouragement from you fellow actors

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Looking for Male Actor for short film in NH

[https://www.facebook.com/groups/newenglandfilm/permalink/10156027589930881/](https://www.facebook.com/groups/newenglandfilm/permalink/10156027589930881/) Submit by Aug 2, 2019 ISO Male actor for Mr. Darcy type. Paid gig. Pro crew.

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

Atlanta, LA or Louisiana for SAG background worker? Please read.

Hello fellow actors and ancestresses. I'm super torn on my acting future. I am retired veteran and I love working background for extra income. I used to live in California, where I got my SAG card. That was many moons ago. 2006. I have worked some stuff in Louisiana. But now I want to get serious with it. I currently l…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Jul 2019

NYC actors- how did you find representation?

I'm struggling to figure out ways to actually be seen by agents and managers other than workshops and classes which are burning a hole in my wallet. Has anyone self submitted to an agency and it ended up working out?

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Understudying a Role

I was just offered to understudy the lead role in an Equity House (theater for young audiences) production and I'm very excited! However, I'm also a little nervous. This is my first time working in a union theater and I want to do my best. I'm 23 and this is all new to me since I've only been doing non-union profession…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Finding my “color”?

I’ve been told a lot of the time that a helpful way to ensure more bookings is to find a color that makes me more cast-able. From the way I understand it, it’s meant to be a color that gets me casted more often when I wear it to my auditions. I’ve noticed it’s apparently a common theme, since plenty of more accomplishe…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Do good actors get their lines right the first time?

I'm an untrained and underexperienced actor by passion, but I have performed several times when given the opportunity at school. Not to toot my own horn, but when it comes to anything about performing arts, I would be one of the people who would come up first in people's minds. However, whenever I'm given a piece to re…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Need feedback for a producer that's never hired VA's before

Hi r/VoiceActing. I'm a podcast producer looking to hire voice actors to do character voices for a Patreon-exclusive audiobook reading. I've already started a project on Casting Call Club, but I haven't listed roles because I don't know enough about pay rates, or how to format scripts, etc. I would greatly appreciate a…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Advice on training

I am 22 years old and have been acting since I was 8, I did it in high school and have had a bit of training out of school in short course. I now want to take my training more seriously to become an actress but I am conflicted on how to do this. I have been accepted in the William Esper studio in NYC, I would love to a…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Modeling and acting?! (Hunter Schafer from HBO's Euphoria)

I don't get something. Hunter Schafer (the transgender girl that's in HBO's Euphoria) was asked how she got the role/into acting in an interview and she said something like "Oh, my modeling agency told me about the role and i went for it!"... I don't get it? I mean, sure, she's signed with Elite (they're like the CAA f…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Actors Fast Track, Legit or Scam?

Does anyone have any experience with Valorie Hubbard's "Actors Fast Track" (actorsfasttrack.com)? Was wondering if they're legit or a scam. Thx.

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Meetup talk craft/network

Good afternoon I will be in town Los Angeles West Hollywood soecifically in a couple weeks. Would love to meet up with some working actors to talk craft and network. DM if interested.

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Jul 2019

Is this a healthy way of acting?

Everyone, When I perform, I convince myself the other actor has meaning to me. I do myself to put myself and my needs away and take on the characters needs and beliefs. I'm reading THE PRACTICAL HANDBOOK FOR THE ACTOR, and it says that's unhealthy and unnatural. Is this true? What asm I supposed to he doing? Thanks

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Jul 2019

Throwaway account, but I'd love some thoughts/feedback.

Every day, I worry about not being able to become an actor. I've never had major speaking parts outside of some small musicals and can't seem to get anyone interested in my reel or headshots. I constantly worry that I'm not talented enough or handsome enough to actually break through into this industry. I've attached t…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Jul 2019

receving sides

hey guys so i've been kind of unlucky with actors access. i would submit for a role that I really want to audition for but don't get sides from the casting director. is anyone else in the same position as well? how long does it usually take for a casting director to cmail you sides from actors access?

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Jul 2019

Beginner male voice actor here

Hello everyone, I am a 16 year old boy who is a beginner voice actor, if you can call me a beginner, Ive practiced voice acting for 2 years now but have never really gotten around to recording it , just doing it for fun and stuff like that until I realized that I LOVE how it sounds and its fun, I personally think Im pr…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Jul 2019

Managing Energy

So, I’m complaining about having too much to do. Roll your eyes, then please give me some advice. I’m working on three projects at the moment - I’m not a professional actor, but it’s my passion. I’ve been cast in two community theatre plays and a short film. I’m finding it hard to manage character study and learning li…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jul 2019

FEMALE ACTORS NEEDED IN REDLANDS, CALIFORNIA SUNDAY JULY 26TH, 2019

If interested, message or email deadbeatsummermovie@gmail.com for more details, including set time, Thanks! Female Student #1 Short Film ,Female, 20-27yrs old, Redlands/Inland Empire, California Needed on Sunday July 26th 2019, Compensation: Non-Paying,Non-Union + Food will be available character breakdown:typical acad…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jul 2019

Question about Actors Access

Hello! I'm pretty new to AA and I just submitted for a role without a reel and my resume is not the best either... How long do is it usually take for a casting director to email you sides if you're chosen?

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jul 2019

Acting on Lambda grades?

I’m wondering how to become an actor on Lambda grades, I got to grade 7 when I was younger

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jul 2019

Is moving to London and trying to be an actor a realistic plan?

Hey everyone, throwaway account. I am from the UK and I’m planning to move to London this autumn to pursue my acting career. I’m 21 and have done amateur theatre & student films for a while now, and I just graduated university reading English & Drama. Other actors my age seem to have made it without going to drama scho…

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jul 2019

Received a few suspicious “booking” emails...

Anyone get emails from a production company called Holy Grail Productions? They are promising $5k for a commercial shoot and told me I “booked” something from them just finding my info on actors access. It seems sketchy af and is written absurdly, but so far they haven’t asked for any social security or other scammy in…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Jul 2019

Can we talk about the SKILL of acting and hard work?

We all know, to make it, you have to be a hard working. meaning cosntant auditions, networking, etc.. but lets talk about the SKILL of acting. ​ How much of that is hard work vs natural skills like charisma, empathy, etc...? ​ Can you guys give me detailed idea of how much hard work can help you improve y…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Jul 2019

I’d like to become more involved on a friendlier level with the people in my drama department and enhance my skills in theatre (musical theatre) and acting, but I feel that I’m already at my limit with the choices I’ve been provided.

Hey, so this is going to be long since I’d like to include as much about myself as possible for a better look at my situation from the outside. I’ve posted the story to another performing arts sub, but I really hope I can find more answers in this friendly subreddit (if even appropriate to post in) as well. Allow me to…

Reddit

Reddit · 26 Jul 2019

Acting Agency Meetings

hey guys, am very curious about how actors secure meetings with major or very known acting agencies, does any one know?