Reddit · 11 Sep 2019
Why do you have to pay to audition?
I'm checking out actors access and backstage and both sites make you fork over money just for the chance of an audition. Better alternatives?
19,657 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 11 Sep 2019
I'm checking out actors access and backstage and both sites make you fork over money just for the chance of an audition. Better alternatives?
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
How do you guys deal with having never in your life gotten a single role, and only been rejected? I have been fine with dealing with rejection so far but today seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back. I have applied for about ten things and auditioned for them in the last 3 months.As each rejection came (even…
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
My parents kinda agree with the acting thing. I’m gonna take some theatre classes to get my acting game a bit better, I can also sing and dance. Any tips on what I can do to start getting auditions?
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
Not sure if this is inspirational or just something to share. My first gig out of theatre school in 2000 was a movie directed by someone who made some great 90s films and starred some 90s great stars. I had this scene where I got made up with a whole bunch of fake piercings and then got to improv with the male lead. We…
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
What if we tried to team up with r/Filmmaking? I mean, we're actors, they're film makers, so why aren't we all working together in a field we all love? I think we could truly help one another out. Any thoughts?
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
Oscar season is upon us, and It's no secret that the new Joker film Directed by Todd Phillips and starring Joaquin Phoenix has been one of the most talked-about and one of the most anticipated films to be released in 2019. It took top honors at the 76th Venice Film Festival by winning the Golden Lion, the Film Festival…
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
Hi everyone, My Name is Hazy, And I'm looking for VAs for A WebSeries I'm making called The Internet Factory. I can't promise pay for The pilot, But I'll be able to after I finish The Pilot. For any questions, Please contact **Internet Factory#5422** on Discord. Thank You. ​ [https://docs.google.com/presentation…
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
Hey Reddit Actors! What are some ways to prepare yourself as an actor? In terms of lifestyle choices such exercises, diet, habits or routines. Thanks a bunch :D
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
because it seems like no matter what, all i can find from self submissions are bullshit student films and working for free. i am beyond fucking sick of it. beyond. i'm tired of not being valued. i'm tired of people not finishing projects. i'm tired of footage not being usable. i'm tired of people expecting me to self t…
Reddit · 10 Sep 2019
Hello, everyone. So, a little about me: I'm 23, I'm former US Navy, married, a current engineering student in college, and I work as a veterinarian assistant at a local animal hospital. Anyways, I've always loved the idea of becoming an actor on the big screen. I mean, c'mon; who hasn't, right? Honestly, I've always th…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
A debate on acting that's been going around since Shakespeare's time.
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
So I was looking at ActorsAccess and I see that shows like 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale are listed as "SAG" on there, can non-unions send in auditions for the SAG movies? Could you get a recurring role on a SAG film despite not being SAG yourself? Would I just automatically apply for SAG right after being casted? Would…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Hello everyone!! I am a casting assistant and actress and I make YouTube videos giving advice to aspiring actors and answering questions that we all have! I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years and I just really want to help others feel confident in their auditions and in their career choices. That said, what topi…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Do agencies like UTA, MGMT, WMA, CAA, Paradigm, MKS&D, AEFH, etc only sign actors who are SAG? Or do they recruit Non-Union actors and hope the casting directors they send them to audition for would "Taft-Hartley" you if you get the part? Would they sign Non-Union actors who are SAG-eligible but not SAG?
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
I'm looking for female voice acting for heavy crying. This will need to be 'real' heavy crying, with sobbing, wailing etc. I tried hiring off a website or two but ended with just badly acted whining so hoping to find real voice actors here. The person who could deliver would be someone with emotional ranges of real gri…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Hey, I have ADHD and I don’t take medication for it as my parents never let me as a kid and now the waiting list for getting reassessed and medicated is about two years lol. As a result I have very poor short term memory. Does anyone have any tips on memorizing texts? I’m so jealous of my friends who can just read some…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Hello, i would love to know what you all do when it comes to your routines that help you. Monologues, Scripts, Exercise.
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Project Title: The Secret Treasure Contact: Message Me If Interested Deadline: 15th of September. Plot Summary: The Overworld is at threat, but when all hope seems lost, Noah and Violet find a book that might just turn it around. Character Name: Violet Character Description: Smart, good at building houses and is good a…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
So I’ve recently joined SAG and I’m not fully sure I on how to pay off my dues or how it even works really. I mean, I guess it should be noted that got in SAG through work on sets and receiving a Taft Hartley. I could just google it but I wanted to hear from some fellow working up and coming actors. Does anyone know ho…
Reddit · 9 Sep 2019
Hi. I’m a cartoonist who wants to start working on their internet presence. I’m currently looking to recast the role of the male half of my mascot duo. This isn’t a role for just one project specifically, it’s a role for a multitude of projects that’ll feature the character. If you don’t think you can commit to returni…
Reddit · 8 Sep 2019
I am 18 years old and acting but I have realized that when watching most movies, TV shows, or whatever, most actors aged like 17-21 have no arm hair for sure and none or almost no leg hair. Do directors make you shave it off since it looks better for the screen and because a lot of people don't see teenagers with hairy…
Reddit · 8 Sep 2019
hi hello I'm trying to become a voice actor its been my dream for a while any tips
Reddit · 8 Sep 2019
i know my brand. i know my "target cds". im already trained. i've taken workshops. i have shitty shitty low level agents that get me handful of auditions a year. i have a reel. im in sag. i'm tired of sending emails. i'm tired of wasting money on workshops. im tired of wasting money on classes. i'm beyond tired of work…
Reddit · 8 Sep 2019
Hi everyone! I was reading about Zazie Beetz and Camila Mendes and it seems they found their agents through internship connections. Zazie Beetz had an internship at an NYC casting agency which led to short films with Columbia's MFA faculty and a referral to her current agency, Gersh. Camila Mendes interned at Carson Ko…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
Hey everyone so I’ve been thinking about becoming an actor for awhile now I’m 18 and just graduated from high school I never did any high school theatre cause at the time acting never really been that interesting for me but a friend of mine said that acting in front of people can get rid of my social awkwardness and sh…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
I have it as the result of a dog bite when I was a kid and am worried it will get me rejected. Will it be an issue? Is makeup good at completely hiding it.
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
I never knew I wanted to be a voice actor till today, I don’t know if I’ll have to do school or not, I honestly don’t want to, but I don’t see any other way to be noticed until I do, I wanna be a voice actor so I can meet bigger people and work with them, raise money for other communities and other people, help my fami…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
I'm currently in drama school. I love acting, on stage or on camera. However, I'm insecure about the way I look, especially about the fact that I pretty much have no chin. I know it may sounds stupid but I'm really insecure about it and sometimes, not always, when I'm on stage it gets in the way of my acting. When I ha…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
Hey guys, I would just really know what you think is so special about timothee chalamet Acting. It’s obvious that he is a once in a generation talent and has a love for acting and puts a lot of time into it. However, what do you guys think draws the viewer and makes him so damn relatable? I’ve noticed while watching hi…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
Looking for a google sheets template or a software which will support irregular income that we all experience as actors?
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
Hello there! So I have recently moved to L.A. and have one curious question that I just can’t seem to get a straight answer to. How does one in L.A. get signed to an acting agent? I mean I have heard the stories of people moving here and then getting signed to agencies but how do they do that? Where do they go? Who do…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
The role: play the voice of a polite demon who is also the narrator. Length: 1 season (10 episodes) each episode will be 12 - 30 minutes long. Pay: Only if the show takes off. This isnt a corporate show. It will be a small group of people trying to make something fun. But if it becomes popular, future pay is a very muc…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
When I decided I wanted to pursue my dream to act, I was excited and anxious all rolled into one. "What do I need?, How do I find auditions?, Where do I learn what to do?", were all running through my brain at once. It was overwhelming and I began to wonder, "Is becoming an actor even possible at all?" Almost a decade…
Reddit · 7 Sep 2019
i don’t mean general anxiety before a show or an audition because i’m pretty sure everyone has them, but anxiety really bad that it doesn’t make you sleep the night before an audition or show, and just anxiety that makes you shake in nervousness.
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
Indie short film. Pays $100 flat with possible backend. Copy/Credit/Food **Male Actor-** Lead Male Actor. 35-55. Mixed Race, Asian, or Caucasian. Must have a reel to submit. The character should feel a lot like the character in the video below. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdjHcf0J\_bI](https://www.youtube.com/watc…
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
Hello! Just a voice actor looking for some work :) If you have anything, you can find me here: [https://www.voices.com/talent/demos](https://www.voices.com/talent/demos) Have a wonderful day :)
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
Hi,I have little to no acting experience. I was an extra on my friend's film which I'm pretty sure doesn't count. I have never played in any school theatre, etc. I have auditioned for 2 student films just for fun, but I don't think I was taking it seriously at the time and did a crap job. Now I'm changing my mind. I'm…
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
I’m filling out my profile on Actors Access. I have a few questions: How important is it that I fill out the size card? I’ve been told to never list my weight- but is it necessary to fill out all the body measurements? Can you put training information in the Professional Biography (footer) section? I do not have any cr…
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
Hello! I thought I'd just make a short post introducing myself. I've been stage acting non professionally for several years and singing semi professionally since I was a child. I also do spoken word poetry. I've never done any voice acting before but I've just moved into a place where I actually have my own room and ca…
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
Hello! My partner has recently started college for acting and I was wondering if there are any textbooks or books that any of you actors out there would recommend as a gift? I'm so proud of him and would love to surprise him with something that isn't on the curriculum/is recommended by other actors but I know absolutel…
Reddit · 6 Sep 2019
I'm not an actor. That's something I've always been curious about. The question is for actress too, I forgot to put this in the title.
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Casting About has been a really awesome resource for me and after helping me with an unrelated issue I asked their customer service for tips on using their info (they have info on projects casting and casting directors) and they answered with some cool stuff which I’m sharing here in case it’s helpful to anyone! Well,…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Should I tell my friends about an open audition? I want to be a supportive person and try and let other people know about a good opportunity but at the same time I want to keep it a secret to create less competition. Should I tell anyone? Only actor friends?
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
I just started an acting Instagram and would love to follow other actors/filmmakers! I would especially love to make connections in the mid-Atlantic area. Leave your Instagram handle and I will follow you!
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Hi there! It's the podcast girl again. Currently have 3 distinct podcasts. A talk show, a CYA (still in the writing phase), and one about scripted mini stories. The third one is why I'm here today. For the next episode I need a man with an older sounding voice. Someone who sounds old enough to be a father or a grandfat…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Posting this for an actress friend who doesn't have reddit. She recently joined a production for an interactive theater show that has had a lot of professional etiquette problems to say the least. The biggest ones are that they didnt give out the script until 2 weeks til the tech run and then are not having any rehears…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
I had an agent send me for an auditioN tape. I finished and uploaded it. I regret this very much since there two takes I nailed it down to. I couldn't decide so I gave her the take that in hindsight was unnatural. This was actually in regards to my comedy audition question previously. I didn't read the coments until af…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Hello All, I'm a junior software developer and I've had an idea that could potentially help actors/actresses in having continuous feedback on their acting, it's not a replacement for acting classes but it could potentially help some people in their acting career. Before i start creating this tool I'd like to get some f…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 5 Sep 2019
I got cast as the King in Burger King commercial at a set rate. This was my first job as a actor so everything is new to me. I did well in the suit and mascot helmet so the guy whom was in charge of the BK suit recommended me to his boss for another commercial shot that was the following week. This second commercial sh…