Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
How do bloopers work when it comes to movies?
Do the actors/actress just goof off whenever?
19,672 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
Do the actors/actress just goof off whenever?
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
So I´m currently 22 and a college student (studying business/entrepreneurship). I still have like 2 years left of college but I'm honestly just studying to get a degree. This is not my passion, nor do I wish to have my own business or get an MBA, etc. I've always wanted to be an actor, and I was wondering if I should j…
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
Hey, VA's. While doing some self-marketing the other day with a local agency, they informed me that (for larger projects - regional/national), usually they would gather talent from casting web-services. A couple they used were *actorsaccess* & *castingnetworks*. As a voice actor, would it be wise to invest in one or bo…
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
So a little backstory first. I met a producer who owns his own production company through a family friend. Initially it was to get help entering the industry to become a writer. We’ve got a pretty solid relationship so far in the last couple of months. I’ve been interning for him by doing coverages on scripts. He has r…
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
Hi! So an amazing author I love is finally producing a TV-show based on her books. A role I know I would be perfect for is up for grabs, and coincidentally she’s my favourite character in the whole book series. I want to throw my hat in the ring and try to get myself an audition for the role. But how would I go about i…
Reddit · 25 Sep 2019
I'm thinking about joining a Skyrim modding project as a voice actor, but I don't know how to do a demonstration, because I've never done this before. What do I say? Is there some kind of format I follow? Thanks for reading this. I appreciate any response.
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I am a young actress who is in early teenage-hood. I am in plays at my middle school and with do plays at my high-school, but I want to move into acting as a career in my adult life. What can I do to prepare myself or even get some experience while still attending school? I also live in a small town so there are very f…
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I’m at my wits end. Hoping some of my fellow actors can help with this: I want to continue my training, I took an ongoing scene study class for 4 months but switched to a conservatory due to needing more performing experience versus just watching a scene of someone else’s every class. I know both approaches can be bene…
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I'm an actor that has only really done localised shows so the professional aspect of acting is unknown to me, I'm looking for an agent but I have no idea how to even go about doing that, I feel like I'm way in over my head but I'm still holding out hope.
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
Fellow Asian actor here. I feel like it’s nearly impossible for the average Asian actor in the West to live purely off of acting unless they’re also outsourcing themselves to China/Japan/Korea which entails becoming fluent in that language. And if you’re any type of Asian besides East Asian, the chances are even worse.…
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I saw on project casting that there were background actor casting calls. I was wondering if the website gives real opportunities.
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
Are you a voice actor?We want some voice overs ,if you'r interested just send me your samples,plus:recently we want an old male's voice to record story ,high quality ,skillful is needed .ps: all based one line Email me : toxiht@gmail.com
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
So I wasn't sure the most appropriate place to post this. I am actually not an actor but a "expert" in my field of study and I've had a few roles on network TV shows where I provided my expert opinion. A production company has asked me if I'd be interested in exploring an idea for my own show and there's some buzz for…
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I have spent over a year (actually I think maybe even 2 years) obsessing over acting and doing all my research and finally soon I'm gonna start taking classes. I've struggled with social anxiety and low confidence for years now, and although I'm trying to overcome it, sometimes I wonder if I can really do this. In fact…
Reddit · 24 Sep 2019
I read the FAQ, and couldn't find anything pertaining to this. I'm making a short YouTube documentary/film and need to find an actress. How do I go about finding one? Also, I'm on a low budget. What would a reasonable price be for an hour's worth of work? Thanks!
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
Hi! Aspiring actor based in LA here. I’m already signed up for Backstage and Actors Access, which has been decent in terms of finding roles. Someone recommended I use LA Casting and Casting Frontier as well. However, it’s pretty pricey to have subscriptions to all four. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these s…
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
Ever fantasized about becoming an actor or celebrity? It’s attainable, but the many challenges of reality are not usually known until pursuing such a dream. Time spent practicing or rehearsing for a production is not glamorous, the market is highly competitive, relationships can become tense, day job’s are what you mak…
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
I'm moving to the UK with a family member this December (I'm only 16) and I've been wondering about going to a drama school. Is it really "worth it"? I have other things in my resume (so going to a drama school for only the sake of having at least one line in my resume isn't necessary) and have a family connection to a…
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
So I was a child actor, but I stopped working during High School and never paid my dues during that period. According to my dues statement, my membership was terminated earlier this year. Does that mean I am non-union or am I SAG-E? Am I subject to rule 1 still? Would be awesome if someone knew the answer.
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
Got the chance to speak to a voice actor about the industry, sub vs dub in anime and even got to do a little voice acting at the end! check it out https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-e37nr-c08237
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
Hi! as the title suggests i am looking for a non native english speaking female voice actress to help me finish the film i have been working on for a year. the film itself is a mixture of film and 3D motion graphics and the voice over is a poem that was created using a machine learning algorithm, trained on recollectio…
Reddit · 23 Sep 2019
Hey folks! I'm looking to build a website for my voice acting, and have already purchased a domain, as well as hosting through Wordpress. However, I'm not the most design-savvy (or particularly computer-savvy) and I'm having trouble deciding on a theme that will suit my needs (and importantly, be easy to use). Does any…
Backstage · 22 Sep 2019
I live in the southeast, have one credited TV speaking role to my name (on a nonunion cable docudrama), am SAG-eligible, and have a paid membership to Actors Access, but I was wondering why this website was considered so essential when the amount of breakdowns I was seeing were still...
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
I feel like I read about actors finding big roles online. I recently read Finn Wolfhard saw the Stranger Things casting call online, Sierra Capri from On My Block on Netflix said the same, and so did Mena Massoud for Aladdin. So my question is: where do actors find these casting calls? I look at Backstage and Actor's A…
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
Hi guys! Wanted some thoughts on this. Not new to acting necessarily. Been pounding the pavement for a while. But one thing that has changed with the business is Instagram. I mostly do comedy and am trying to build my following on that. And I’m trying to reach a bigger audience and get more followers....but REAL follow…
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
My school has been running a LAMDA course for a couple of years with some encouraging results. We focus mainly on Poetry and prose, public speaking and performing arts in our LAMDA course in addition to teaching STEM, ESL and music among other things. The LAMDA course has so far been run by myself and my colleagues for…
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
I'm a young beginner actor with a few small projects under my belt, and I have a role coming up where I need to act smart/calculative. Do you have any suggestions for characters to study to get an idea for what I should do? Preferably something that's easy to find.
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
Hi! Vienna is such a cultural city but how is the acting industry for international actors (not speaking German - yet)? Any advice where to find out about the castings or seek opportunities (in particular for screen acting)? Any great places to do workshops? Thanks!
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
Is there ANY way cheap to learn different accents on your own? I find it hard to believe that all aspiring actors can afford a dialect coach and whatnot.
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
https://youtu.be/u2JLRtWlq0o This is kind of a niche question... But I recently watched this conversation between Megan Fox and Diablo Cody where they talk about the filming and release of Jennifers Body (2009) Are there any other conversations (videos/podcasts (etc.), Where actors, directors, writers, producers, talk…
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
Hi guys, I’m making the move to La soon and I was wondering what advice you have on finding housing - especially actor friendly housing ? I’m happy to sublet and I’ve been saving up. Any sites to use or avoid is very helpful. Thanks!
Reddit · 22 Sep 2019
The cultural system of practices generated by the theatre going public and those who work in the theatre can differ quite greatly. On the one hand, the factions of society who visit the theatre the most; either through subscription packages, memberships, are just for pleasure, are also the factions of society with the…
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
In my opinion, I kinda don’t think it’s necessary as most the actors you see today are not method actors. Though we have some and though their roles are great, I’ve seen far more great roles with actors who do not take the method acting approach. What do you think. “To method or not to method?”
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
Man or woman who is your favorite? Also why? It seems to me like most actors have their favorites, but they don’t have a real reason why. Is it their believability, work ethic, transformation, or what? Lol. Why are they your favorites?
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
I was recently having a discussion with a fellow actor, and he brought up an interesting observation. He believes that there are less "wannabe" Film & Tv actors, and more people wanting to be Social Media "Influencers". He thinks that the current generation is more inclined to chase fame through social media. Less film…
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
I am emotionally challenged, the doctors thought I had asp Berger’s when I was younger but I’ve grown into myself to be high functioning. I struggle with expressing emotion on my face. People often think I am cold and distant, but I actually have deep empathy and feel internally, but it just doesn’t manifest in my face…
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
I’m currently using theatre puget sound, but honestly other sites have more professional looking castings, but they’re stuck behind paywalls. Anyone know good places that I can use? Thank you!
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
All my life I've wanted to act, but I've been so afraid to admit it. I grew up in a smallish town outside of Atlanta where there weren't many acting opportunities. I started acting in plays and musicals in high school and was always placed in the chorus. I took this as a sign that I didnt have the talent and decided to…
Reddit · 21 Sep 2019
Hi all! I've always been a bit interested in acting, and throughout my life I've been told I'd probably be good at it. I love doing impressions, telling stories, playing out scenes in my mind, looking at behind the scenes sort of things for movies/TV to see how the actors really put themselves into the minds of their c…
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
There have been white actors who have played Indian characters, Asian charters, and probably characters of African origin. Is this okay in the 21st century? Now, you might ask "why not just get an actor of the same race as the character?" Well, such an actor might not be easily found who fits the role. Maybe a director…
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
I've seen a few posts and videos about this, but I thought I would make a post to get some other opinions as well. I'm an actor who's recently moved to Los Angeles. It's been my goal for the past couple of years to develop a living as a VA, specifically in video games, animation, and anime dubs. I find that in voice ov…
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
Hey ya’ll as I’m growing as an actor, I want to find other resources to further my training. Are there any YouTubers you can suggest to help me with my acting? Thanks you!!!
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
So long story short, I(18M) am doing 2 more acting at my university and was told that even when you just start the class, you can put it in your resume, so since I am sort of new to acting, I will have 2-3 acting classes under \*Training\* on my resume. I will also have hopefully been in more student films/productions…
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
I never got braces and my teeth aren't perfectly straight. I don't have huge gaps or anything in my mouth, but like 4 of my teeth in my mouth aren't super straight. I was always told you need perfect teeth (and really white) teeth to be an actor. Is this true?
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
I am a new actor living in SF. I am looking for good recommendations for classes for Acting on Camera here in the Bay Area. What is the best bang for my buck?
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
As an aspiring actor, is it a good idea to do theater (to improve my craft and money) and to model (for visibility)? Or is that too much?
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
So I really to want to get into acting. I’ve done a little bit of acting in the past, and I both enjoy it and one of my dreams is to be a professional/celebrity actor. I was wondering what my next step should be. I’m 15, if any of you are wondering, and I do go to a school that has theater but I cannot currently join i…
Reddit · 20 Sep 2019
Hi everyone, I just got booked my first big shoot (modeling, not acting) where I am getting paid to fly out to another city. I do not have a ton of modeling/acting experience, so I am looking to connect with people who do. I do not have an agent and I am nonunion. I don't want to be annoying and ask the producer a bunc…
Reddit · 19 Sep 2019
• Are they THAT important, and should you take them? • Can you actually NOT get in touch, or at least get in the room with a CD, if you don’t go to their workshops? • What are the benefit/s of going to those (especially to newer actors trying to actively pursue it)? • Will your agency drop you (or at least do something…