Acting forums, all in one place

19,656 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

I’ve always wanted to be a voice actor

This is something I’ve been passionate about for years, I can do silly voices and act out emotions! I just don’t know how to start and I would love anything I can get (just about anything lol). All help is appreciated!

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

Voice actor

Hi everyone, I am a voice actor looking for employment. I am fluent in English and Swahili. I have an American, Spanish and English accent. I am versatile and dynamic. I can change with the requirements of the project.

Reddit

Reddit · 5 Sep 2019

What are some things to look for and study while watching other actors?

I do more voice acting and I’ve recently started to do more on-camera acting and am pretty close to getting an agent in a larger city near me. I was wondering what things i should key in on while watching other actors, whether it’s in a movie, play, or even a commercial. I know for a fact one thing that I’ve got to wor…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2019

I saw a post on reddit earlier today about some deep faked CEO’s voice used to scam the company out of money and that reminded me of google voice, or whatever it’s called, that could convincingly make phone calls for you and book stuff on its own. My ques

How do you think this technology will affect the voice acting industry in years to come? There’s a very real chance that computers will get so good at imitating natural sounding human voices that they will be able to read scripts flawlessly and most voice actors will no longer be needed.

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2019

If I can't book anything what should I do?

Guys, I never book anything. Not even theatre. I was thinking about creating my own work. The problem with that is I have before, and it never works out. I've made two shorts and they turned out entirely unusable. There was no structure and no real short. I was thinking I should try grad school, and maybe some local cl…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2019

Has anyone heard of CDawgVA? I’m curious about his voice acting experience.

I recently came across a YouTuber by the name CDawgVA a few months ago and found some enjoyment in his Fiverr and voice acting review videos. After awhile, I was curious what projects/characters he’s been involved with since a lot of his videos prominently mention him as a professional voice actor. I’ll admit I haven’t…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2019

Help someone and it will come back to you!

Today my gay, Aboriginal drama teacher was having an awful day being teased by his family, so I sat down with him and taught him some magic tricks, and called his partner to come urgently, we talked for a couple of hours after school, and the next week he introduced me to his kids who are my age, have the same Hobbies,…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2019

Where do game developers hire voice actors?

I've always been curious where they find them - some of these people are amazing and devs seem to never really answer that question when you ask them on twitter, lol. It's sort of a hidden secret but is there some sort of website they go too or an agent?

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Sep 2019

I'm an actor in L.A making a reel and looking for scene partners

I have some short scenes each 2 pages long I wrote myself and am hiring a DP to shoot for my acting reel. There is no pay but I can give you a copy. Because I'm making a reel that is going to focus on myself, the camera will be on me more than it will be on you. I'm paying the DP $100 to shoot the scene so if you wante…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Sep 2019

Seeking Female voice artist for non commercial art film :+)

Hi! as the title suggests i am looking for a female voice actress to help me finish the film i have been working on for a year. the film itself is a mixture of film and 3D motion graphics and the voice over is a poem that was created using a machine learning algorithm, trained on recollections of dreams which were coll…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Sep 2019

Looking for voice actress and voice actor for some small lines for a game

​ ​ https://i.redd.it/gb01mmum2ek31.png (Art by my friend 1000visages on DA and tumblr) Here's the link to the development blog: [https://www.tumblr.com/blog/newpaperradsongames](https://www.tumblr.com/blog/newpaperradsongames) I'd like to request two voice actors for this project, the main one being a fe…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Sep 2019

Seeking Female Voice Artist for YT channel

Hi! Our company Crealon Media Group is looking for a voice actor who can report on movie related news to our YouTube channel. It’s important that you are available on all days of the week when you’re working to cover breaking news as soon as possible. You need a soft/personable voice. Lmk if you're interested and we ca…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Sep 2019

What should I do next? 33 y.o. 9 to 5er just starting out

I'm an early 30s guy living in Southampton, UK with a 9 to 5 job and I want to act. Interested in both stage and screen. Is my case hopeless? I considered quitting my job (which I hate anyway). I have savings to last a few years. But the problem is I'm at absolute zero right now experience wise. All I've done is Am dra…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

survival jobs for actors?

what are some “survival job” recommendations for someone looking to eventually move to los angeles for acting? i’m currently in college to get my associates degree, but i’m not sure about what will come after that schooling wise. i’m still not sure what i want to major in and i’m feeling a bit lost. acting is my passio…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

Help - going to a drama school with a bad reputation? [UK]

Hello, I've recently accepted a place on a MA Acting Course in London, England. I was very happy during the audition process as the school looked very professional and it's fairly well known. The head of MA Acting appeared very well informed and experienced and it seemed like a great place to be at. I was originally wa…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

"If you can see yourself doing anything else, do that."

Honestly, I can. I can see myself doing tons of other things. And I'm worried all that makes them not seem as appealing as acting is my ego. Don't get me wrong, I adore acting. It's not just about my fascination with art of TV and cinema and how our understanding of the world around us is increasingly informed by it. I…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

Advice for a foreign actor ?

Hi every one. Do you have any advice for a non British/Non American actor to find some casting in the UK and the US ? I know that sometimes casting directors are looking outside their country, and I'm not gonna lie, the movies/tv shows in my country are rarely interesting (I'm French btw). So, do you have any advice ?…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

LA meetups.

Self-Tape groups are cool, so are rehearsal groups, but being a person that only talks about acting or being around people that only talk about it is extremely draining. Would anybody in LA like to start group meetups for Karaoke once a week or bi-weekly? Get to know each other and talk about things OTHER than acting o…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

best place in los angeles for an actor to live?

(keep in mind i’ve never been to los angeles before) i’m stuck between burbank, los feliz, and north hollywood. obviously i’m looking for the place that is closest to most auditions, but also a safe place with lots of things to do & preferably with metro access since i’ll likely be taking the metro or uber most places.…

Reddit

Reddit · 2 Sep 2019

question about rates

hello, i'm looking and asking my friends who are voice actors for voice clips (10-30 seconds) for a dialogue piece to put in my portfolio. the problem is that i don't know how much it costs.. i know everybody has their own rates and i have asked them but i wanted to know to be more educated. i tried to google this but…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Audio Fiction Network - A resource for Actors, Writers and Producers

Hello fellow Producers, Actors and Writers! Audio Fiction Network is a creator driven discord community of audio drama actors, writers, and producers getting together to chill, share our love of the medium, and have a reliable place to share work and get feedback. We have creative server events for our members such as…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Whose career do you want to emulate?

Who has the most enviable career in your eyes. For me, It would have to be Scoot McNairy. Im convinced the man can walk on water. Everything from Halt and Catch Fire to Argo, the man is poetry in action. His acting style, and career choices really make an impact on me. He is just great in everything he does. From big b…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Auditoning for Julliard with no expierence?

Hi, im an actor from nyc area has anyone heard of Julliard drama audtions for actors with no expierence at least getting a call back? As a beginning actor in training im curious if Juilliard focuses soley on your audition rather than if you’ve had acting training /expierence in the past. Would it be an absurd idea to t…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Is it too unprofessional to approach without an agent?

Hey everyone. So I happen to meet Hollywood-involved people and sadly not sure when it comes to approach people. Casting directors is easy, like I got the attention of a few but mainly was for teaching. But for others... Not sure. I have seen aspiring actors 'drooling' when there is a guest name at some event and they…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Advertisement - Long term partnership with (preferably) female voice actor.

Hi, i'm looking to find a reliable voice actor for my new project that I am starting on Youtube! The Youtube channel revolves around real life 'mysteries and unsolved scary stories'. What I am looking for / Requirements \- Professional audio recording equipment \- Long time partnership and a steady worker as you will b…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Audio Fiction Network - A resource for Actors, Writers and Producers

​ https://i.redd.it/hwx5ycg77xj31.png Hello fellow Producers, Actors and Writers! Audio Fiction Network is a creator driven discord community of audio drama actors, writers, and producers getting together to chill, share our love of the medium, and have a reliable place to share work and get feedback. We have cr…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Sep 2019

Do Virtual Courses Qualify as Training for an Actor?

Hi My Fellow Actors, I've been having this mental debate as to what should I include on my acting resume under 'training.' I understand anything in person like workshops or classes can be listed but what about listing virtual courses or books? For instance, can 'Samuel Jackson's Master Class' be listed under training?…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Aug 2019

Have Studio, need reader circle East Griffith park

I do 1-2 self tapes a week. Finding readers is tough, as I dont like to ask for favors from people,especially 1-2 times a week for the rest of my life. I have a b+ setup(could be a little larger) , nice 1080 camera(render down to 720 for industry standard send size) lights, nice royal blue backdrop. Quality external mi…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Aug 2019

Has anyone here attended the “That’s Voiceover!” Career Expo in LA? Was it worth it?

I’m trying to be proactive and look for networking and growth opportunities, and I found this career expo that’s very close to me. It’s called “That’s Voiceover!” and it claims to put voice actors in touch with casting directors, talent agents, and producers. It also has panels with industry professionals, and there’s…

Reddit

Reddit · 31 Aug 2019

CALLING ALL VOICE ACTORS!!

Hi! I’m looking for voice actors for a horror anthology series that I’m directing and producing! If you would like to be apart of it here’s the link [https://www.castingcall.club/projects/unnamed-horror-anthology-series](https://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.castingcall.club%2Fprojects%2Funnamed-horror-antho…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Aug 2019

I'm an entrepreneur, don't have a lot of money, but I'd love to help creative talents (actors and others) get noticed with what we've built - can you help me get the word out?

I'm not an actor. I'm not good at any of the performing arts. But I believe that artists deserve to be noticed and their talents deserve to be heard. We built Rumbl, a 60s video platform that is all about having your voice heard and your talents seen. We are fairly new but our community is super positive and our creato…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Aug 2019

I haven’t heard back after my callback, but I was told I did great?

So about a month ago I auditioned for this feature film, shortly after I was told I had a callback, I went to the callback met the director and a couple of the producers, they were extremely nice and it seemed like I made a connection, this was exactly two weeks ago. A week after my callback my agent emails me saying t…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Aug 2019

Theatre: why am I not getting cast?

Hi reddit acting community! Just a bit of background. I’m early thirties, reasonably and objectively good/pleasant looking, male, British, based in London. I trained at a top UK Drama school. White. 5’10”. Posh. I want to be upfront that I’m making this difficult admission to the subreddit not for sympathy but because…

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Aug 2019

Google Chromebook Commercials Voice Actress

Does anyone know the voice actress who does the voiceover for the Google Chromebook ads on YouTube? I can't find the videos on YouTube, but they do pop up as ads. I don't care about the commercial itself or the laptop, but I have the actress's voice stuck in my head and I want to know who it is.

Reddit

Reddit · 30 Aug 2019

When starting your voice acting career, what does “networking” actually mean?

I’m at the beginning of my voice acting career. I’ve been training for almost two years, just finished my first commercial demo reel, and regularly send in auditions on Casting Call Club. When I’ve asked full-time voice actors about how to develop a client base that allows you to work full-time, they almost all say tha…

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 29 Aug 2019

You've already memorized your lines.

So many new actors get intimidated by the process of memorizing, but the truth is that it is actually one of the easiest parts of the job, Rote memorization is the key...The crazy thing about rote memorization techniques is how effective they are in such a short period of time. In one hour, one of my students memorized…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Aug 2019

Headshot-Age Range-Character Type Post - Aug 29

Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Aug 2019

Is this a worthwhile opportunity? Opinions needed :)

So an international actor, who is from my country, is currently directing their own film in my city. They have asked volunteers to be on set and to be extras as well (not paid). It is a small production team as well. Now I was happy to do it as most days were a couple of hours. I applied to multiple sessions and of cou…

Reddit

Reddit · 29 Aug 2019

Any Type 1 Diabetic Voice Actors here?

Looking to hire (and pay of course) a voice actor who has Type 1 Diabetes. I am a Type 1 Diabetic, 20 years in November. I'm working on a project about the insulin prices in America vs. the rest of the world. The culmination of this project will be my trip to Canada to buy that cheap insulin. Only need a few lines reco…