Backstage · 12 Nov 2018
Anyone Taken Classes at Actors Launchpad?
I am curious what people think about this service, what the rules are, if it's worth it or better to spend $$ at One on One or the other workshops in town. Thanks in advance!
19,651 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Backstage · 12 Nov 2018
I am curious what people think about this service, what the rules are, if it's worth it or better to spend $$ at One on One or the other workshops in town. Thanks in advance!
Stage 32 · 12 Nov 2018
How to find a voiceover agent. https://ip214.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/40278/bebc8c28f1ddd100/10269872/eb72769c3ddedda9
Backstage · 12 Nov 2018
Recently I went to an agent "class", a.k.a., pay-to-meet-and-greet, and had a wonderful session in the room. The warmest I've had in such meet-ups. The agent loved my monologue and gave me great feedback. We really hit it off and spent much of our remaining time smiling and laughing as...
Reddit · 12 Nov 2018
Hey everyone! So I have a question. I’m a senior in high school and am very active in my theatre and want to pursue a career in acting and theatre in some way. I don’t want to just throw myself in there without a paddle, so I was thinking going to college for theatre. Only problem is I don’t know where I want to go and…
Reddit · 12 Nov 2018
So right now I'm in high school. I've started acting in the juvenile theater of my town fairly recently, and things have been advancing semi quickly. I've been thinking about starting acting for a few years, but only really got the chance to do it a few months ago. I have my first proper play coming in January, and as…
Reddit · 12 Nov 2018
(yes ive checked out the sidebar) The aim of this is to just get my feet wet with the entire experience of making a personal project, and also it's fun. ive had acting experience for the past 4-5ish years involving in class, and extracurricular productions so the acting side of it i'm not a total beginner.. i've also c…
Reddit · 11 Nov 2018
(Long, so I apologize fr that in advance. I really appreciate your attention if you make your way through it) I love film, and to a lesser extent, theater. I'm in my mid-thirties. I'm an eager reader, and since I've been a kid, I usually read aloud, unless I'm in public. There's a part of me that has always thought I c…
Reddit · 11 Nov 2018
Looking For Actors Who Are Willing To Act For Free Around The Charleston, South Carolina Area. Will Be Filming A Mini Series Called “Brotherhood” Which Is About 3 Best Friends Who All Share The Same Goal, But They All Battle Their Own Obstacles To Try And Make It Happen. Below, I Have Listed Some Of The Characters With…
Reddit · 11 Nov 2018
I come from a kind of strict Muslim household, my parents are devoted to the religion and hope that I keep my faith strong and things like that. With this, they respect a lot of the decisions I make and the future I have in mind. It took a while but eventually they were okay with the fact that I decided to pursue actin…
Reddit · 11 Nov 2018
Hey! First off here is the link to the animatic, \[ [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ab9ZwEpQo&feature=youtu.be](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ab9ZwEpQo&feature=youtu.be) \] it's not fully touched up yet (and ignore the quality i'm working with my animator to remedy that), but here it is for now. The biggest thin…
Reddit · 10 Nov 2018
So yeah, I did not start acting when I was a kid, my parents never liked the idea and one of my teachers said I am at a disadvantage because agents care about teens or early 20s actors in order to develop them as they want. Now, my school brings agents and there is gonna be one in 2 weeks. The teacher says unless we ha…
Reddit · 10 Nov 2018
I am an actor doing a lot of background work at the moment. I’m doing background work to get used to the cameras (mainly the cameras because I’m from a small town in Arizona and the cameras are normal to me anyways now) and all the different types of people that are going to be around me. I haven’t started auditioning…
Reddit · 10 Nov 2018
I was just cast as Donna in Mamma Mia! (meryl streeps character lol) and im literally so excited. But the lines I have to memorize are freaking me out. me. I've played supporting characters before ( nehebka in aida, ursula in the little mermaid) but those characters had way less lines and didnt have to have big long co…
Reddit · 10 Nov 2018
Okay this might be long winded. I moved here with no network and no family to attend the Esper Studio part time program and paying my way through it. I have done that. I graduated in Early June. It’s been about 5 and a half months since I graduated and I have headshots (that I’m told are quite good) I am on backstage a…
Stage 32 · 9 Nov 2018
Check out @bfiben’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bfiben/status/1060256588806701056?s=09
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
I’m an American actor - My wife is an American actress and spends 10 months a year working in Toronto. I want to move up there, but I have no idea if I can work up there, and honestly I don’t even know where to start. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
I am a producing a short in need of minimal funding (10K-). The script is very bare bones and has the flexibility to make it into the role you want to play.
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
​ https://i.redd.it/5v5qooljfbx11.png [Zuko Live Action Audition Mike Wijdenbosch](https://reddit.com/link/9vkxf9/video/hg5i0c1hfbx11/player) Greetings fellow actors and Redditors, Though I am new to the platform -I need to pick up on a lot of reddiquette, so by all means call me out on any ignorance on my part-…
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
Title says it all really, but I'll elaborate. I recently have started acting, as in I genuinely started 2-3 months. But I've had a ton of fun and gotten some really good feedback with basically no one believing me that I hadn't acted before. I tried out for a play at my college, and got a fairly major part in my second…
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
I've been doing Voice Acting for a few years now, and haven't exactly had different gig's with other people, more so picking up gig's from the same person / animator that makes content on YouTube. ​ I do the voice of a main character of a small series of videos that have been extremely popular, gaining millions…
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
I'm doing a project with some friends of mine and it requires them to send in a lot of voice lines but it sometimes takes them a while because we don't really have a streamlined way to send them. I'm looking for a website where they can record through the site and it'll be automatically available to me, I've tried look…
Reddit · 9 Nov 2018
TIL something interesting about people's "viewing" habits on YouTube. People don't necessarily watch things on YouTube paying their full undivided attention. People often watch things as background noise. *Noise.* Such people are mostly paying attention to the *audio*, not the video. To the extent that they're paying a…
Stage 32 · 8 Nov 2018
I just got back to Stage32 after a hiatus. I just want to say, I really appreciate this video I views. I totally agree with Botto, when he says, "You go to a party, you get dressed up, you look nice, you socialize...why can't people do that online?" You have to just go do it. If you want to direct, pick up a camera. Wr…
Backstage · 8 Nov 2018
I have a real question, that perhaps the actors here on Backstage can answer for me. A filmmaker will put out a casting call here on Backstage, explaining everything in explicit detail about the project, from filming dates to compensation to - everything. A whole bunch of actors responds to...
Reddit · 8 Nov 2018
i haven't been in a class in a while, trying to find the right fit. would love an artsy-fartsy non-salesy type teacher and a high skill level of actors. prefer on-camera but not a must. checking out howard fine, berg, doug warhit, tom obrien, BHP. any suggestions?
Reddit · 8 Nov 2018
So I’m not an actor but I have to perform a scene for a class I’m taking. I need to find a scene that’s approximately 5-7 minuets long. I was hoping someone could provide some suggestions. It is one man and one woman. The gender of the two don’t really matter. It can be from a play movie or sitcom Any suggestions are g…
Reddit · 8 Nov 2018
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 8 Nov 2018
I am little worried. In 1 month I come to USA for audition. My english is not so good and i need to speak english for my audition. most thing i am worry about is that i must do naked scene. I have done naked scene before in hong kong so i am not worry about show body, but i am worry about american standard. i not sure…
Reddit · 8 Nov 2018
We recently launched a podcast series called Placing Faces, where we sit down and interview casting directors to discuss their tastes, processes, and careers. Each episode has casting stories, advice for both actors and those who want to get into casting, and is chalk full of insight into the other side of the casting…
Reddit · 7 Nov 2018
I've been assigned the one-act "The Role of Della" (John Wooten) for a scene study class. My character has an audition card; my scene partner is an actress who wants (and steals) my audition card. ​ In my country, we don't have audition cards. We arrive at a pre-assigned time, fill out a form in the waiting room…
Reddit · 7 Nov 2018
Hey Folks, My name is Mike Cross and I run Terra/Sol Games. We have been a traditional tabletop RPG company but are now branching out into visual novel games. Because of that we obviously need to recruit some voice actors for our initial project. I need to state up front that this is a paid gig but will also feature so…
Reddit · 6 Nov 2018
Hey there, I'm Matteo and I'm currently in the midst of a very important school project. We're making a video about a futuristic technology that has both positive effects and negative effects on humanity. There's a commercial in the video, which is in great need of a voice actor, or just anyone who can record vocal…
Backstage · 5 Nov 2018
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a vocal warmup I'm comfortable doing in public before an audition. Does anyone have suggestions on stuff they do that works? I'm based in nyc and feel like such a weirdo doing vocal warmups on the crowded sidewalk or subway, but there's really...
Backstage · 5 Nov 2018
Anybody know of a good acting coach? Looking for someone with a Roy London type feel to there method.
Backstage · 5 Nov 2018
I just wanted to share my real-life observations from the waiting area of an audition I had this week where a fellow auditionee was not set up for success due to a lack of preparation and industry knowledge. For those who are new to the audition scene, *please* do not...
Reddit · 5 Nov 2018
I'm London based, which is more of a hub for theatre, but I really want to become a working screen actor. I am curious as to how any fellow UK actors managed to achieve paid creds without an agent or spotlight. Thanks!
Reddit · 5 Nov 2018
So many actors kind of lay back after signing but I don't want to be that actor. What do I need to be doing? How much is contacting them too much? We've gotten casting networks, actors access, etc. set up and ready to go. Resume ready to go and looking sharp. Just have some series recurring credits and I want to take a…
Reddit · 5 Nov 2018
One has always been indoctrinated with the mantra whilst growing up that *to be a great actor, one needs to be a great liar*, and one realises that such a outlook is of course oversimplified; but is there any shred of truth perhaps?
Reddit · 5 Nov 2018
I have tried everything (included stabbing myself with a pen) but It sounds like im having a heart attack more than being stabbed by a Viking. ​ What are some easy tricks that a novice voice actor like me can do to make a decent death noise?
Reddit · 4 Nov 2018
I'm a successful actor with a poor voice. What's a good musical role for someone who can hold a tune but not blow down the walls?
Reddit · 4 Nov 2018
Im 23 and living with my grandfather in NYC. I just graduated with a 4-year digital design degree, and I just don't want anything to do with it. I was never ready for college and I just kinda putzed through not thinking about what I really wanted or anything, just running like a train on a track. The last year or two I…
Reddit · 4 Nov 2018
Hi! I'm not a professional actor, but I dabble in it. As of late, I'm interested in helping talent and representation, so this is where my question arises from... I have a friend who is a working actor, mostly commercials (some national, etc) and he's convinced that the reason he's not getting as many roles / bookings…
Reddit · 4 Nov 2018
Let’s pretend we are athletes preparing for the Olympics and what that entails. Now, for us actors, what would/should an actor’s schedule to prepare for the “olympics” (or rather, a series regular audition)?
Reddit · 3 Nov 2018
For those who don't know, Susan Batson is an acting coach to a lot of famous actors. After finding some info about her, I see that she has an acting school in NYC and LA. Her staff does private coachings as well. Has anyone been to her school or worked with someone on her staff? Thanks!
Reddit · 3 Nov 2018
Thanks for reading. I'll try to be as straight to the point as possible. I studied drama and theatre arts back in highschool. Out of all my subjects I gained nothing but straight solid As in both documentation and acting. It was by far my favourite subject and I even ended up taking it up into advanced highers which is…
Reddit · 3 Nov 2018
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anybody had particular actors or character voices that stand out to them. If you do, what about them do you like?
Reddit · 3 Nov 2018
Hey everybody, my former voice coach Melissa Altro (who most notably voiced Muffy from Arthur) will be holding a paid workshop in Toronto about working in the voice industry (full description below). Melissa is really incredible and an industry vet with a lot of experience to share, and the workshop seems really focuse…
Reddit · 2 Nov 2018
Hello! Tomorrow, I'm being an extra on a film being shot in my area. The studio approached my college for student actors and I managed to get into the scene they needed extras for as well as one other scene. I'll be on set for three days, and I'm really excited for the experience, but I'm not entirely sure what to expe…
Reddit · 2 Nov 2018
Hello,I (23/M) moved out to Los Angeles last year from Nebraska. I signed with a manager last year, but my contract just ended and I decided to not renew it with them. This old manager never did anything for me, but always conveniently popped in when it was time for payday on roles I booked by myself. ​ About 2…
Reddit · 2 Nov 2018
Hey! So, growing up I always dreamt of being an actress. I don’t mean the unrealistic “I want to be a star” stage that all kids go through; I truly loved acting. I was performed in almost every school play from grade school through high school and was even represented by a regional talent agency for some time. I had ta…