Backstage · 25 Nov 2018
Best/Cheapest places to print headshots?
hey! anyone have any recommendations for reasonable headshot printing? Thanks :)
19,651 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Backstage · 25 Nov 2018
hey! anyone have any recommendations for reasonable headshot printing? Thanks :)
Reddit · 25 Nov 2018
Hello! I apologize if this isn't the place for a post like this, I'm not sure where else to post it. I'm an audio editor for several podcasts and have been audio editing for about 2 years now, and I've always wanted to start a volunteer group of voice actors, writers, music, and artists. I've always wanted to make a po…
Backstage · 24 Nov 2018
It’s almost a new year, what are your plans for it?! Do you want to go on more auditions? Completely overhaul your book? Write your own show? Get a website to display your talents? Let’s share our goals and revel in the good vibes of our hopes and dreams ❤️☺️
Reddit · 24 Nov 2018
So I'm currently using OBS to record audio, then converting the mp4 over to mp3/wav in Sony Vegas, this is an unnecessary and convoluted workflow; Looking to get a software that records only audio. ​ To my knowledge, Audacity is the "best free" suite to deal with recording audio, But I want to know what you guys…
Backstage · 23 Nov 2018
Since I first realized in high school what I wanted to do with my life, my family hasn't been very supportive of my seeking acting and voice-over opportunities. They don't see it as conventional, even going so far as to fearmonger me out of it. They also dread the thought...
Reddit · 22 Nov 2018
So I know next to nothing about the art of voice acting. However, I have always found it very interesting. So I was hoping that you guys could help me understand more about it. What are some qualities of a good voice actor(and examples)? What are some qualities of a bad voice actor(and examples)? Who are the best and w…
Reddit · 22 Nov 2018
**Age:** 25 to 32 years old **Name:** Ranger Gomez **Tone:** Ideally Mezzo-Soprano **Accent:** North-American or Southern accent. It's important that she either has one of those two as she shouldn't have a British accent, etc. **Appearance:** We can make her look like anyone with Blender and ZBrush but she should sound…
Backstage · 21 Nov 2018
Hi All, I recently purchased the "actors access plus" and I think misunderstood the benefits. I thought I would be able to attach videos at no additional cost to my submissions. However, every time I try and do this it still puts the video in my "cart" and requests that...
Backstage · 21 Nov 2018
Hey, guys! I have a callback for a new show on Tuesday. They sent me the sides last night (around 10-11pm) and said: "Please select two monologues to be familiar with. You may be asked to read from the additional sides as well." Does "familiar" mean memorized?
Backstage · 19 Nov 2018
Does anybody know of a list of NYC acting agencies, arranged by 'tier'. There is a great list I've seen online for LA agencies (sometimes called "SAMs list"), but I can't find anything similar for NYC. I already know who the top few agencies are, but it's really tricky as...
Backstage · 19 Nov 2018
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/this-thanksgiving-dont-be-a-negative-nellie-65988/
Reddit · 19 Nov 2018
Hello everyone, I began reading this sub today as an interest for something that might be a new hobby for me. I have a little prior experience (worked in radio in my college years for awhile) but not much. It seems that there is a lot of information online about equipment, marketing, and editing, all of which are under…
Reddit · 19 Nov 2018
Hi there. Our team is looking for a male actor with a New Jersey/Brooklyn accent. **Age:** Anywhere from 23 to 35 years old **Tone:** Tenor to Baritone **Accent:** Brooklyn accent or Bronx **Appearance:** Similar build and appearance to Jared Leto in Requiem of a Dream or Giovani Ribsi **Personality:** Greasy Johnny is…
Reddit · 19 Nov 2018
None of the ones i'v found are active. Just looking to chat and learn.
Reddit · 18 Nov 2018
Hey folks, So the title is slightly misleading but I didn't know what else to write. Soon I'll be **directing** a very talented voice actor who's playing two characters that will be speaking to each other. One has a very deep gravelly voice, the other has a softer "normal" voice, maybe with a bit of an accent. The acto…
Backstage · 17 Nov 2018
Does anyone know how often the Agent Access Auditions are held?
Reddit · 17 Nov 2018
So, I think I have been here, writing for maybe 6 hours and deleting everything after, I don't know how many times I have written my life story (obviously only related to the acting part) but I feel like people wouldn't want to be bothered by it so i'm skipping that and going straight to the point. Thank you so much if…
Reddit · 17 Nov 2018
I want to become an actor and I’m using uni as a safety net if I don’t get into drama school. I’m wondering whether it’ll be more beneficial to study an English and drama course or just a drama course? Would a solely drama course be more beneficial and give me greater opportunities ?
Reddit · 17 Nov 2018
How does an actor go about making a voice demo. What should go in there? I was thinking a dramatic reading of a poem. A reading from a passage in a novel. A narrator for national geographics. I have only done a voice work once, but would like more, hence the demo
Backstage · 16 Nov 2018
My friend and I need new headshots but this is our first time getting them since we moved here. Who loves their headshots? Maybe you’ve had good luck getting callback since you got them?
Backstage · 16 Nov 2018
Earned my 3rd SAG Voucher yesterday, and of course I'm eager to change my status on all the platforms and sites, but when I check the SAG Eligibilty checker, online: https://www.sagaftra.org/membership-benefits/sag-aftra-eligibility-checker , it says I'm still NOT eligible. Anyone know how long before it kicks in on th…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
My agent sent me in to read for a doctor role on a network sitcom. Being Asian-American and inching into the 40s age range, the industry has begun wedging me into this "type" even though I don't feel I can pull off a convincing doctor. (5 years ago it was Asian gangsters.) I get to the casting office and there are acto…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
Hey guys, I’m hoping to get some insight from other people about some direction I was given for Hotspur’s speech from King Henry IV part 1 (which i presented as an audition piece) The context of the Monologue is that Hotspur is defending himself to King Henry. He’s extremely angry, but is trying to convince the King th…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
I recently watched a video of a play I did a while back and it feels weird seeing yourselves on video of course, but I feel like my acting comes across very unnatural. This is a while back so I certainly was a worse actor than I am now but still...
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
Has anyone been to either and can anyone tell me how their experiences were? Also, if the quality was good? ​ I don't know many people who have been to either, since most of my friends are in the film/tv rather than for theatre (which is mainly what stratford conservatory is for). ​ ​
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
I'm (mid 20's M) an actor based in Toronto. I never trained in it formally but I did start as a dancer/performer. Several years ago, I got very lucky and got on a popular TV show with lines as a main role and got 5-6 episodes which is what got me into the union. I've been a union actor for the past 4 years. I got my ag…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
[https://workingactorsjourney.com/podcast/episodes/francis-guinan/](https://workingactorsjourney.com/podcast/episodes/francis-guinan/) ​ Season Two of **The Working Actor's Journey** continues with a wonderful and long-time Chicago actor, Francis Guinan. ​ **Listen to the podcast episode** » [*Ep #14: Fra…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
Hi all, so I wanted some advice on this predicament I’m in. Get ready for a story because I’m incapable of summarizing. I signed on with my agency for my 18th birthday a little less than 5 months ago. Auditioned for most of the summer and was put on avail about a month in, but didn’t get the part. 4 months in and I got…
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
Question to anybody working in Vancouver: Are there many NYC/LA actors repped by Vancouver agencies? Any help is appreciated!
Reddit · 16 Nov 2018
Are there any credible/affordable voice acting coaches good for a novice voice actor? Is a coach the way to go? Am I even on the right sub??
Backstage · 15 Nov 2018
What are the best casting websites for California actors?
Backstage · 15 Nov 2018
Hi Guys! I was just accepted to A1’s this year and I wanted to know about people’s experience in the past with it and how they felt about the audition process :) comment below :) any info is helpful!
Stage 32 · 15 Nov 2018
Being a very busy minded person I like to constantly be absorbing information and listening/reading/watching interesting content from people in the industry. Can anyone recommend a great podcast, or even a video series on advice for actors/screenwriters/filmmakers in general?
Backstage · 15 Nov 2018
Hi! Wondering if anyone can shed some light on who agents are recommending right now in terms of coaching, specifically on-camera, but generally as well. I know certain studios have better reputations than others, but are there recent trends/interest in individual coaches or teachers specifically? It would be great to.…
Reddit · 15 Nov 2018
Hi there everyone!. I live in South Africa and I'm slowly but surely making a name for myself in the acting scene. Problem is, I'm currently doing mostly future work and don't have a permanent role yet. It doesn't cover all the bills... So I've been trying to figure out what day job I can get that has flexible hours so…
Reddit · 15 Nov 2018
I want to become an actor and I’m using uni as a safety net if I don’t get into drama school. I’m wondering whether it’ll be more beneficial to study a English and drama course or just a drama course? Would a solely drama course be more beneficial and give me greater opportunities ?
Reddit · 15 Nov 2018
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 15 Nov 2018
Hi! I'm getting a little ahead of myself but I'm curious. I'm a singer- and that's the main goal. I also am signed w an acting agency and have booked a non-union commercial. I had an audition today that asked if I'd be okay with being SAG Eligible if i got the part, so I started researching. I know Union actors can't t…
Backstage · 14 Nov 2018
Besides the obvious of working on one’s craft, taking lessons and the like, what do you think is the most important thing an actor can do to help themselves? What have you noticed helped you the most?
Reddit · 14 Nov 2018
Been thinking about trying to build relationships with casting directors through classes since I've been unsuccessful in finding an agent so far. Does anyone recommend one of these over the others? One on One Actors Launchpad Actors Connection Any others? ​ Any advice in general about this?
Reddit · 14 Nov 2018
This was written for the perspective of filmmakers but I thought is might be helpful for deciding whether or not to take a non-paying gig. Personally I’m always of the belief that if you can’t afford to pay your actors you can’t afford to make a film, actor compensation should always be a part of the budget from the be…
Reddit · 14 Nov 2018
So my son is 20 months old and I get numerous people telling me my son should be an actor/model. Every parent of course thinks their kids are the cutest and deserve everything.. What's the proper way of seeing in he's capable of being one without paying for the BS agencies?
Reddit · 14 Nov 2018
I had to do this scene where the girl pulls a gun out on me and I pull her close to me to take it away. Anyways she did this little moan thing when I pulled her close and let's just say my privates were standing straighter than a Baptist boy in Sunday morning church. Pretty sure everyone saw the Lion's Pride in my pant…
Reddit · 14 Nov 2018
Okay. First time poster here and looking for advice. I'll try to keep it short. Some friends of mine were asking for more actors for their podcast in NYC. I live in Florida but still want to be a part of it. The creator said he'd like to work me and suggestes I get a few things. They are recording this Sunday. He sugge…
Stage 32 · 13 Nov 2018
I will be attending the ARTS International showcase next year in Orlando, Fl. I’ve been reading different monologues to find which genre I fit in best. Are there any tips from you fellow actors/actresses that I could do for practice to better myself? Thank you all.
Reddit · 13 Nov 2018
Hello, Could anyone point me to free / paid equivalents to phishtank, openphish, etc. of phishing/malicious websites feed? I have a bit of trouble finding these apart from [http://mwm.rising.com.cn/](http://mwm.rising.com.cn/) where I am a bit lost. I'm interested in malicious actors/websites from China, Hong Kong etc.…
Reddit · 13 Nov 2018
So I understand that life just goes on and people can lose interest in the business, nobody owes you anything yadda yadda. But as an on screen actor for almost ten years whos still grinding and trying to climb that ladder, its frustrating to see other actors that were in one or a few big movies that just....stopped alt…
Reddit · 13 Nov 2018
Long story short. Knew an actor/playwright friend coming up the ranks for past ten years. She's worked at acting, so have I, she decided to give it up become an agent and has been doing so for the last 3 years. Maybe it has to do with a fact she gained a lot of weight, maybe it doesn't. This year I booked a series co-s…
Reddit · 13 Nov 2018
So, I'm on backstage, and there's this job that actually sounds like it was made for me! (Nervous guy, with a southern drawl) The only catch is: the only way to audition is to use an iOS app, and I have an android phone... I reached out to the people who listed the audition and they said that the android app is coming…
Reddit · 13 Nov 2018
Hi everyone. I’m a bit lost right now and wondering what could be next for me as an actor. So far I’ve: -taken a beginner’s acting course at Barrow school (NYC) -taken the Stella Adler summer intensive (three classes) -taken an additional two acting/theater classes at my college before I graduated -Acted in a student f…