Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
Do you have favourite voice actors?
I do: Peter Cullen - most known for Optimus Prime in “Transformers” Richard Waugh - most known for Albert Wesker in “Resident Evil”
19,665 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.
Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
I do: Peter Cullen - most known for Optimus Prime in “Transformers” Richard Waugh - most known for Albert Wesker in “Resident Evil”
Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
We are looking for a male voice over actor who is middle-aged and has a deep and suspenseful tonality. Please check some example channels below to get a better idea of what we are looking for: [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PXmBOuMhGTskIJq1Wlxdg](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-PXmBOuMhGTskIJq1Wlxdg) [https://w…
Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
**A nerdy, down-on-her-luck Supergirl fan and cosplayer has an unfortunate accidental run-in with some aliens en route to a Halloween party. After a tough night at the party, she leaves, only to be involved in a car accident. She is discovered by aliens, however, and, recognizing her costume and knowing the superpowers…
Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
Just asking if things seem strange or not? A writer/director was going to meet me to discuss a role over dinner. We had been trying to arrange to meet for a while to discuss his scene. The day before, he messages to ak me if I want to sign up for a 20 dollar acting workshop hosted by his renowned friend a method actor.…
Reddit · 21 Aug 2022
Title says it all. Just curious. Thank you!
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
So, like most aspiring actors, my end goal is to get a theatrical agent in LA so I can book tv/film roles there. I live six hours away from LA and the city I’m currently in is more commercial/industrial based. We do have the occasional tv or film productions here, but they mainly look for background actors. We’re also…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Hi, I have a question, does an actor have to have a deep or loud voice in order to be successful, or does it depend on the physical performance of the actor
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Are there any South Asian actors (only saying this as the movie is about collegiate bollywood dance competitions) in this sub that have heard if Hasan Minhaj's movie 'For The Culture' has started the audition process? Like, have you been told by your agents or seen any breakdowns? I'm just too curious because I'm reall…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
4 only. Who are you picking? Right now there are 3 for me and they are Daniel Day-Lewis, Joaquin Phoenix (these 2 are shapeshifters with no one in Hollywood coming close to their abilities and in my opinion the greatest actors ever) and then there is Marlon Brando who is the PIONEER in my opinion. Who are your 4 picks…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Many voice actors these days were inspired to do so by watching anime. While that may help with actual anime gigs, or anime inspired gigs; it seems to be a common problem that a lot of voice actors can’t drop the cadences that come with it. It’s a surprisingly unexpected/underrated talent to speak like a regular person…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Hey all! Getting ready to submit to agents and could really use some feedback on my cover letter email draft. I'll be attaching my headshot inline to the bottom of the email and also including that I'm seeking rep, along with general demographic info, in the subject line. Thanks! \~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Howdy. I’m an aspiring actor/writer/comedian. I’m a 17 year old kid from a tiny town in Montana where there is very little acting outside of high school and community theater. Anyway, I want to be an actor professionally. Because I also want to get into writing and comedy, my family and other theater people I’ve spoken…
Reddit · 20 Aug 2022
Hello, I'm with Memoria Studio ([https://memoriastudiosproject.com](https://memoriastudiosproject.com/home)), a content creator hub. We mostly work with subtitles and dubbing for various medias like Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, etc. We're currently searching for english native-speaking voice actors to work with a Youtub…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Just curious for all my NYC actors - has anyone taken a class with James Ciccone?
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
I’m 17, almost 18 and going into my senior year of high school. I’ve been involved in theater all the years of high school and helped out with independent theater productions outside of school. I’ve gone from being “older sister’s brother” to my own person with my own identity. Anyway, signing up for theater as a fresh…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Genuinely wondering, if a male was to go into pornography, would it hinder his ability to get roles as an actual actor despite him being a good one?
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Hey everyone, been in this sub a few months but this is my first post. Since convincing myself I have what it takes to be a voice actor, I've gotten all the equipment I need for my starter setup, with the intention of getting started on sites like Fiverr and ACX. My supportive fiancée works for an eye doctor, and has t…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Hi there! I'm a trained actor and the one aspect that has alluded to me was pure, unadulterated confidence in oneself and how one uses their body. I've tried a lot of things but it hasn't worked. I kept trying to shape myself into something that I clearly am not and I think it has affected the way people see me. To thi…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
I've been reviewing a lot of auditions lately, and I've noticed that the self-tapes that are a little more "produced" (simple light, microphone, clear backdrop, etc.) feel so much more effective than the badly lit ones with bad audio and a cluttered background. I know they *shouldn't*. I consciously remind myself to ev…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
I use to be with this new agency, I dont know how but she gets new actors seen. Not only that, but within five years, she opened SAG offices in LA & ATL. I left her for a more well known agency. This agency has actors as leads on shows. At first they were getting me weekly auditions, but then it just stopped. I haven't…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Do you know any acting agencies based in the US (preferably NY or LA market) that are specialized in representing foreign actors or do you have experience with any of them?
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Hi everyone. Would love some advice from other actors in Sydney on whether or not MCTV Agency in Sydney is a scam and whether it is a good agency to work with for actors. I'm new to Sydney so I'm not really sure and from my google research, majority of the reviews are about employees in the agency itself so it wasnt ve…
Reddit · 19 Aug 2022
Hello! I am an actor who’s making the move from New York to LA in the upcoming weeks. I have a commercial agent and I’m currently seeking theatrical representation. I’m nonunion but working towards eligibility as well as have extensive training in TV/film and multiple short film credits. When I have been struggling wit…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Ok so an Instagram account called Urban Art House Films just reached out to me, and I don't know what to say. I don't really know why, as I only have one thing on my account that signals that I am interested in acting(im private), and it has to do with the school I'm attending. I have no pictures of myself on there, an…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
So, I'm 20 and just finished theater conservatory, I've had a lot of anxiety in what comes to social media (except for twitter and reddit), and to this point never had an instagram account, the problem is that unfortunuately at this industry anyone without instagram account is kinda doomed to fail (so far haven't met a…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Hey everyone! I audition pretty regularly and I feel as if my voice is holding me back. I have a hearing loss so, my voice is “different” and nasally. I keep having a feeling that I don’t book as often because of the way the sound of my voice is. Where are my fellow actors with weird unusual sounds to their voice.
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
After a long time working in the marketing/video industry, I'm finally working on my first major creative (i.e., not corporate) film project, and it's been an eye-opening experience working with actors in this way for the first time. Just wanted to share some quick observations from an outsider, in case any of it is he…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
How does this work with actors, since they are self-employed? I’m currently working a 9-5 so my employer pitches in for insurance, but I’ve recently been very curious about the process for actors. Does SAG-AFRA help?
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
An agent has agreed to represent me, but I never signed a contract (I’m assuming because I am a beginner actor), but he sends me on about 3 auditions a month for about the past 5 months. What does it mean if you are represented without a contact? Should I be worried?
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Hey LA actors I'm a long time hobby photographer (mostly travel and nature) with a nice camera and some decent gear looking to branch out into headshots and portrait photography. I'm looking for some actors who would be willing to let me take your photos for practice and to build my portfolio, no charge to you. I can't…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
How do I find the right acting technique to study/practice for me? I know that it’s helpful and beneficial to be open and exposed to as many techniques/tools as possible, but I would assume that most actors have a solid foundation/base rooted in a particular technique/method/approach. Should I try to find a technique t…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
I am 32 years old. I've been acting for years but haven't gotten any good roles, no agent or manager. And I graduated with my Bachelors in May of 2021 from The New School where I studied acting, theatre, and film. I have always wanted to live in London, and further my acting career by getting an MA/MFA in London, right…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Hi everyone! I live in Latin America, but I want to be an actress. I have been taking classes since I was in high school, but I was never admitted in my dreamed college here in that major, I'm supposed to graduate from other major during the following year. The thing is that I decided to give it a try in AADA, I auditi…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
SORRY FOR THE LOOOONG POST lol First off, I'm most likely overthinking/misreading the situation. I do that, so it's definitely a large possibility lol. Ok, now some info: I'm a SAG-AFTRA actor in Los Angeles. I have some credits, but I'm still green on many things. I've been taking classes from an acting coach who's al…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
I [M/29] am a fresh new voice actor looking for my very first role. I only have a commercial demo. Yet, I've been practicing and taking some informal training recently to understand working in the anime industry and how dubbing works, and I've realized that I seem to have found my niche in advancing forward. However, d…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
What does being relaxed feel like? I’ve heard tension is the actors worst enemy, and I’ve read how crucial relaxation is for actors and their work, and I’ve tried relaxation exercises before. But what does relaxation / being relaxed feel like? How can I tell if I’m relaxed enough?
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Use this thread to post your headshots for feedback, get info on your age range/type, find good headshot photographers, ask any questions you may have about headshots. If you are posting a DIY headshot for feedback, and not just a snapshot in order to get feedback on your age range/type/etc, it is advised that you do a…
Reddit · 18 Aug 2022
Do I have to take classes to become a voice actor?
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
I recently finished watching Game Of Thrones, and after watching I want to start dabbling in acting. I am 19m and am attending a university within the next month, it's not a university for theater and drama, it's just a standard university. My degree will take 4 years and I want to get it before I make any drastic chan…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
Hey there, I'm an actor based in Chicago and was curious what it would be like for me to just leave and go to a different city like LA, NY, or ATL... I'm sure all three are different but I really do not know what I would do. I am a member of SAG-AFTRA, been casted in Chicago TV shows, commercials and indie movies. So I…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
I know it’s possible for a SAG Actor to take work on a low budget union contract, and choose not to get paid… Unless the film makes money… in which case they get paid portion of whatever that is…BUT, my question is whether it is allowed to submit that low-budget contract made short film to Amazon to be considered for a…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
I’ve been doing audio roleplays on YouTube [my channel](https://youtube.com/channel/UCba_TQSFoxrlx8fIZUtnpDA) I was wondering if my voice and acting is good So I was hoping for feedback/criticism
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
I graduated uni with an acting degree back in 2019, and have recently started doing some extras (SA) work alongside a part time job. But I'm confused with the fees. I've got a part time job where I earn about £1,100 a month, so I'm just about hitting the threshold to pay tax. A few extra agencies I'm with will charge b…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
Hi guys! So, for 5 different days, I've been asked to come back as a background actress for the Apple TV series "Swagger"! (A basketball show based on Kevin Durant's life.) Because I'm 20, they had me playing a student each time.
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
hi all, I have a situation I don't know how to move forward with. I'm a non-union bg actor and for this one project, I have received half the rate that was advertised in the ad. Ad said 200/6. I was on set 12hrs and was expecting to receive around 400, but have only received 200. I have a screenshot of the original pos…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
Hi guys so my manager apparently dropped me. I received a cmail message on actors access saying that my talent representative removed me from their client roster. I didn’t receive any kind of personal email or message from my manager. TLDR Do I call him and ask what’s going on/tell him how much working with him means t…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
So, I’ve got an agent at the Ann steele agency, and a manager. I have no good credits to my name- just indies and student films and college theatre productions. I’ve got okay materials- I love my headshots, I like my footage that I’m submitting with. I have had three network costar auditions from my reps in the year an…
Reddit · 17 Aug 2022
Hi everyone! I’m interested in acting and would like to take a class to learn important skills & meet other potential actors. I currently live in LA and do not have any professional acting experience, so I’m looking for a class that caters to that. If you have any recommendations for classes/instructors, I would truly…
Reddit · 16 Aug 2022
So I have straight and healthy teeth but I do have a little overbite and was concerned if it would effect my dreams of being an actor