Acting forums, all in one place

19,645 posts from Reddit, Stage 32, the Backstage community and Delphi, newest first. Every title links out to the original thread.

Backstage

Backstage · 4 Aug 2017

Suggestions for the right Monologue - Clybourne Park HELPPPPPP

I am auditioning for my first play! I am in college and have NO acting experience. I am suppose to pick a dramatic piece. However, Clybourne Park is very satirical. I wanted to do a monologue from Other Desert Cities, but it is much more serious than the part I...

Backstage

Backstage · 2 Aug 2017

Memorization Tips

There are those actors whom you may have heard of who have/had what is called "photographic memories". Actors like Meryl Streep, Jackie Gleason and Robert Mitchum, among them, were known to look at a page once and basically have it down - at least so I have heard. However, this...

Backstage

Backstage · 1 Aug 2017

The Ultimate Multi Task

I feel like I'm burning a candle at both ends right now with how hectic my schedule has become - how do I successfully audition and keep my day job for stable income?

Backstage

Backstage · 29 Jul 2017

Getting started at an "older" age

I've always loved acting and theater, and have been in many small/low-budget productions and community theater plays over the years, but am finally at a stage in my life where I can be systematic and dedicated about pursuing acting. I have headshots, a resume, a website, and a good network...

Backstage

Backstage · 27 Jul 2017

New to modeling

I've noticed a lot of casting directors are not interested if you do not have experience. Where is a good place to start?

Backstage

Backstage · 25 Jul 2017

Audition Tapes

I've never actually made a taped myself for an audition before. How do I my self-taped audition stand out?

Backstage

Backstage · 25 Jul 2017

Being an extra?

I'm just starting out in the acting world, so obviously I'm not getting a ton of big roles thrown my way. I was recently searching through the Backstage casting notices and saw a few listings for extras and background cast. Are there any benefits of being an extra/background talent? Or...

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 24 Jul 2017

Acting education.

Here is a list of acting education resources I hope someone finds useful. Thx!  http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/actor-or-actress/

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 24 Jul 2017

Acting in film and television.

Hope this article helps someone! Thx!  http://www.projectcasting.com/tips-and-advice/need-know-acting-film-television

Backstage

Backstage · 24 Jul 2017

Got a callback! Now what??

So I got my first callback after an audition that went better than I thought it would! BUT now I'm super nervous about bombing it, haha. Does anyone have any tips for making a callback as successful as possible? Now that I've got the CD's attention, how can I really...

Backstage

Backstage · 24 Jul 2017

Agentless and Auditioning

SO! I've taken the plunge and finally decided to pick up my acting career again. But I'm encountering the same problem I had the first time around: getting into the audition room. I know having an agent is the most ideal situation, but I'm not there yet. Any tips on...

Backstage

Backstage · 20 Jul 2017

Audition advice needed!

Help! How do I get into an audition with little to no experience? I don't have a resume ready for auditioning!

Backstage

Backstage · 18 Jul 2017

Acting Careers Outside NYC/LA

Hi! I'm a recent graduate and have always dreamed of pursuing acting; now seems like the best time to dive in and get started. I don't live in either of the two major hubs for entertainment (NYC or LA) - what can I do in my area to begin my...

Stage 32

Stage 32 · 11 Jul 2017

Advice from working actor.

A nice video that offers helping tips for actors! Enjoy!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaegnd3xaVI

Backstage

Backstage · 30 Jun 2017

I want to join the UNION

Hi y'all! I'm a thirysomething actress who just moved to Los Angeles to pursue my dreams of film and TV. I've read Backstage long enough to know that one of the first steps is to get myself into acting classes and to get professional headshots (done and done!), but now...

Reddit

Reddit · 27 Jun 2017

Directing an African American voice actor...

I recently recorded a couple spots for a TV ad that is directed towards African Americans. I hired an African American voice over actress and I felt she did a really good job. My superiors on the other hand, could not "tell that she was black". They now want me to try and re-record the spot and see if she can sound a b…

Reddit

Reddit · 11 Jun 2017

In need of opinions

Probably a bit off subject for this sub, but I was wondering what voice actors/actresses people would REALLY enjoy seeing at conventions, also bands if you feel like adding those, just any guests really. Also if anybody knows any other subs I could use to post about this please help if possible :D

Reddit

Reddit · 11 Jun 2017

Looking for some advice from semi-established/established voice actors/actresses

Hey voice actors and actresses of reddit. Like many others, I'm an aspiring voice actress who's 20 years old. I'd like some advice on the next step to take in furthering my VO journey. So far I've taken 1 6-week course in voice over. In that course I met in a group for an hour once a week. Besides that I have a handful…

Reddit

Reddit · 10 May 2017

Tips for selecting photos for your actor's website?

How do I know which ones to select? Obviously, I am going for ones where I am engaged and in character. But do you have any other suggestions on how to narrow it down? CD's and directors, what do you look for? Actors, which have you found to be best?

Reddit

Reddit · 5 May 2017

Can I get feedback on my new actor website?

Hey Friends! You guys were super helpful with your feedback on my reel, I would love it if you'd click around my almost finished website and give me any ideas or comments that come to mind. Thanks in advance! https://paigeivy71.wixsite.com/paigeivy

Reddit

Reddit · 21 Apr 2017

Searching voice actor and actresses for huge minecraft mod project

Hi there, My name is Ray and I 'm working, with my team, on an open-source project called "Minecolonies". We are developing a minecraft modification which adds medieval villages to your game. We are quite popular and have over 700.000 downloads and a very active and loving community http://www.minecolonies.com/ https:/…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Mar 2017

What was your process for creating your website?

I'm at that stage where I'm ready to make my own website. I have very little idea what I'm doing. I'm looking at other actors websites for inspiration and ideas (so if you don't mind supplying your link that would be cool!) but I have no idea which service to use. Domains? Hosting? What? Is there an easy guide somewher…

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Oct 2016

Looking for Female Voice Actresses for Sci Fi Game

Project Bavar Voice Over Audition Hello my name is Kyle an I am looking for voice actors for my teams next project. Currently we are looking for Female Voice Actors for our new game currently labeled Project Bavar. This will be Paid Work. The game will be a Sci Fi Arena based game that will be rated Mature. Character I…

Reddit

Reddit · 13 Oct 2016

VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS NEEDED ASAP (for educational purposes only)

VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS NEEDED ASAP (for educational purposes only) Will provide you with credit and copy of final motion graphics video along with a payment of $10.00. Hello, I am a college student looking for someone to read this script for my final motion graphics project. I am creating this video to provide an environm…

Reddit

Reddit · 8 Oct 2016

Best books on voice acting?

My best friend is an aspiring voice actress. I've been browsing Amazon for books on voice acting as a Christmas present (I shop early, lol). I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or can tell me which book they think would make the best gift. I'd buy a couple of them, but buying one that's better than the re…

Reddit

Reddit · 4 Sep 2016

Who would be interested in voice acting for a Youtube series?

I'm currently working on an animated YouTube series in Anime Studio that I will need 10-20 voice actors/actresses for. It won't be done for a while as I need to finish animating, drawing, writing, etc. but I'd like to see how many people who would be interested in this. There will be at least 10 episodes, each hovering…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Jul 2016

Further cast/character info

Was trawling through the wiki and IMDB and found some interesting revelations about the characters thus far - in addition as IMDB can sometimes be a disreputable source I have also confirmed some of these from actor's websites - The man in the navy suit in the Marrakesh cutscene is credited as 'The Gatekeeper' whilst t…

Reddit

Reddit · 22 Jun 2016

Request for Voice Over Actress for GTA V Machinima

I'm producing an episodic Grand Theft Auto V machinima animation that needs a voice actor for one of the main recurring characters in the series. Currently I'm looking for a female to voice the character of Veronica, an african-american spy in her early 30's and ex-romantic interest of the main character who helps the…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 May 2016

Looking for voice actors for a startup project.

Primarily, we could use with some female voice actresses since we already have enough male actors. We plan to make revenue off of this as soon as we can, but if you like to join our startup team now, we would like to welcome you. Feel free to message me, and I can show you what we will do.

Reddit

Reddit · 5 May 2016

Long Term Voice Actor/Actress Needed for Narration on YouTube Channel

Me and several other people from a site called the Lost Media Wiki (which a website dedicated to finding lost film and Television, etc) are starting a colab channel where we plan to make videos chronicling investigations into internet mysteries with a 10-20 minute detailed somewhat comedical fact telling format. We nee…

Reddit

Reddit · 24 Apr 2016

[Project request, unpaid]

First off, if I'm not allowed to post this, please alert me and I'll handle it. Secondly, I'm looking for a small handful of voice actors/actresses, preferably female since I already have a small number of male voices. The project I need this for is a fully voice acted speak over I plan on doing for a series I want to…

Reddit

Reddit · 20 Apr 2016

Voice actor website and youtube banner

I'm trying to take my voice acting from a hobby to more of a career and I'm in need of a logo I can use for a youtube banner and a website. It will probably go on business cards as well. I'm not looking for anything intense. My idea was something a little stylized, maybe like a grafitti. Maybe something cliche like a m…

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Mar 2016

[Paid] Looking for Adult/Senior voice actor with Trans-Atlantic accent

Project Automata is designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth. Taking inspiration from classic games like Transport Tycoon, Anno, Factorio, and Industry Giant, Project Automata has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced lovers of the genre, while its simple-to-unde…

Reddit

Reddit · 17 Mar 2016

[Paid] Looking for Adult/Senior voice actor with Trans-Atlantic accent

Project Automata is designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth. Taking inspiration from classic games like Transport Tycoon, Anno, Factorio, and Industry Giant, Project Automata has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced lovers of the genre, while its simple-to-unde…

Reddit

Reddit · 3 Mar 2016

Invitation to join the SQUAD: ***La Cosa Nostra***

http://youtu.be/sU24R7FwuNw **Ground Rules:** 1. Never talk about or mention any porn scenes, actors, websites or your personal favourites. 1. Don’t got to places where you know that it could be unsafe. 1. Always Being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty. 1. Missions and tasks must absolutely be respected. 1. Heirs of…

Reddit

Reddit · 7 Jan 2016

Female Voice Actress Needed For Overly Happy Character

I'm looking for a Female Voice actress who can sound like a happy, peppy girl. The character's name is Hailey, who grows up in a town full of super natural things. Her best friend's name is Jay, who is laid back stoner, which she doesn't like. She works for Jay's Grandfather at a motel called 'The Vanishing Bed.' Her c…

Reddit

Reddit · 1 Dec 2015

Recruiting for an Drama CD!

Im aiming to start up a project and I need some talented people to help. So what is an Drama CD you ask? Think of it like a visual novel. You have images on screen (Not animation) showing you the scene, but instead of text or panels telling the story, the entire thing is voice acted and presented in video format. What…

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Sep 2015

Website for actors

I've been prepping to move to LA for the past year and I read that having a website is a must. I'm still working on a reel to add to the site but I thought I'd see if I could get the opinion of some fellow reditors. Thanks for your time! www.derekrayduncan.com

Reddit

Reddit · 19 Aug 2015

Working VO Actors/Actresses that are of Asian ethnicity?

I know Eric Bauza, Vincent Tong, and Shannon Chan Kent who mostly works in animation/cartoons. Is there anyone else well known or consistently working in the North American industry that is of Asian descent? I'd like to know so I can see which roles they are booking. Thank You!

Reddit

Reddit · 10 Aug 2015

Voice Actor Looking for work!

Hey friends! I am a voice actress with about 3 years of experience working behind the microphone, and I am always looking for work. It's hard to find voiceover work though, and it takes a long time. XD I'm kind of lazy, so this is the easiest thing to do. I'mma leave my demo reel here, and if you are interested in hear…

Reddit

Reddit · 6 Aug 2015

Looking for female voice actor for World of Warcraft Machinima Series!

Hi, folks! I am currently looking for a voice actress to play the role of Golia, deity and all-powerful mystic of seasons in the machinima series, [Aligning Azeroth](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaaErCGkJAJJbJ20tU64vrEV8hvVbgtaB)! Golia (go-lee-ah) is an all-powerful deity, namely the Mystic of Seasons, where…

Reddit

Reddit · 28 Jul 2015

[Table] IAmA: I am Christopher McQuarrie. AMA.

**Verified?** *(This bot cannot verify AMAs just yet)* **Date:** 2015-07-28 **[Link to submission](http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3exv2m/)** (*Has self-text*) Questions|Answers :--|:-- [Hi! Was the idea for Tom to do the stunt his idea or was it anyone else's? Also, were you concerned on what he was going to do?…

Reddit

Reddit · 12 Jul 2015

Is there demand for Actor's websites?

As an actor myself,I need a job that gives me flexibility. The perfect job, which I am capable of doing, is web design/development. But run of the mill designers are ten-a-penny, so I thought I'd specialise in Actor/Performer websites instead. After researching, there's no real, decent designer out there specialising i…